Adding HSI to a panel

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Adding HSI to a panel

Postby Brian Z » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:17 am

Hope this doesn't get lost in the shuffle when the site administrators clean out all the irrelevant spam threads...

Anyway, FSEconomy recently added the Grumman S2, so I downloaded Milton Shupe's. Sweet plane, but the HSI has no heading bug, and in VC it's behind the yoke where you can't even see it. I'd like to add in a HSI from a default plane, and put it near the top of the panel where there's already some empty space anyway. Is this hard to do, and will it show in VC?

Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Adding HSI to a panel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:52 am

.....easy-peasy with "FS Panel Studio" on the 2D Panel... :dance: ....>>>> http://www.fspanelstudio.com/

But not on the VC Panel... ;) ...!

The VC Panel is part on the original Model design.

Paul...Regular FS Panal Studio User.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bass » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am

On some ac you can remove the yoke by clicking on it in the vc panel! (Who use it anyway)

Otherwise, Paul i correct. Then you need advice from a master like our own ALROT ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Brian Z » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah unfortunately this one doesn't have the option to hide the yoke, at least as far as I can tell. So I can only change the 2D panel, eh? Another problem I have with this plane is the autopilot, it's completely useless, but I know how to fix that... simply copy-paste the Baron 58 radio stack entry into the panel.cfg file, in place of the one that's there. Done it already with a couple other planes that came with the original-equipment tube-and-dial sets, just like that you get modern digital radios and full-function autopilot.
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 am

One way over this is to put the HSI on a separate pop-up panel window, like the GPS. This will work in both 2D & VC modes.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:32 am

Brian Z wrote:Yeah unfortunately this one doesn't have the option to hide the yoke, at least as far as I can tell. So I can only change the 2D panel, eh? Another problem I have with this plane is the autopilot, it's completely useless, but I know how to fix that... simply copy-paste the Baron 58 radio stack entry into the panel.cfg file, in place of the one that's there. Done it already with a couple other planes that came with the original-equipment tube-and-dial sets, just like that you get modern digital radios and full-function autopilot.

The Baron 58 Tip regarding inserting the full Bendix-King Radio Stack in the "panel.cfg" file is one I always use for certain aircraft, (especially vintage models which don't have a proper, modern radio stack! :lol: ...), and aircraft which are missing radios.

I sometimes replace the "GPS" entry in the panel.cfg file with it, and use the same hot key to energise it!

For full functionality of the Radio Stack its sometimes necessary to ensure this entry is in place, as below, in the "aircraft.cfg" file...>>>

[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1, 1
Com.2 = 1, 1
Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1

Paul....I like (proper) Radio's... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brian Z » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah, the modern radio stack is a big upgrade. It's also accurate-- on any of the vintage aircraft that still fly, there's no way anybody's still messing around with the original radios. They might still be using the old autopilot, that's an expensive item to upgrade, but it would be a miracle for such an old radio to still be functional after so many years, and you simply can't get the replacement parts to fix them with.

And Hagar... thanks, that's one way around the VC problem, and I would have never thought of it.
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design