Haze and turbulence effects?

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Re: Haze and turbulence effects?

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Turbulence...

You don't say what Sim you are using, but for "turbulence" in my FS 2004 I use the freeware "Soaring Scenery" add-on, using just the cloud effect!

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ategoryId=

Any one of the areas will do, just utilise the "special conical clouds" in your present location!
It will increase and decrease "lift" as you fly!
(Tick/un-tick it in the add-on scenery library as and when required).

Paul....FS 2004 and FX... :D ...!

For "Haze"...I just reduce the "clear sight" distance.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Do you mean like these?

Philadelphia, PA

Little Rock, AK

Mt Marcy, NY

OpusFSX and Accu-Feel

Accu-Feel will add more realism to FSX at a very cheap price, $20.

Read my post "WHAT A DIFFERANCE!"

Once you get used to real weather you can't go back. It just adds so much realism to FSX. I used to fly only in clear weather so I would know where I was, and could see where I was going.

I couldn't do that anymore. Life is SOOOO much better with the real weather on the screen. But if you want, you can always pick the kind of weather that you want.

Side note - don't set the turbulence settings to 100%. It's causes a non-fatal error to pop up. Move it to 99% or lower and no problem.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:46 pm

musicflyer wrote:Thanks guys!

Fozzer, I am using FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Do you know if the link you provided works in FSX or is it only with FS2002/2004?

@OldAirmail, Ya that's more what I'm looking for. Thanks for the links!!! <<r <<r

By the shape of those "triangular special clouds", it looks as though you can here, for FSX, in these various pages...>>>

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &filename=

The clouds will appear everywhere, so just use them in your selected area!

Enable/disable them in the FS2004/FSX add-on scenery library. (tick/un-tick)

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Scenery & Panel Design