possible "future" scenery

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

possible "future" scenery

Postby wayneman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:03 pm

This may have been talked about and it may even exist and I haven't seen it. I was looking at Google flight sim (which is awful) and wondered if there were a way to give the buildings etc... depth and dimension, and make it scenery for FSX. I don't like the Google flight sim itself but flying around and having the scenery correct is great. It would be really awesome to have this and good flight dynamics together. It's just fun to fly over your house or where you work!
OK everybody. Be nice. I am sure this has probably been talked about many times and there is probably some glaring reason that makes it unworkable or perhaps its possible but so time consuming that it is not worth it (too much memory etc...). I have tried my hand at aircraft design etc and know that it is beyond me.
I was just wondering and figured someone here could tell me. Thanks. I appreciate any info.
wayneman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: possible "future" scenery

Postby CHUCK79 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Sounds like you're after "photo-real" scenery.......

There are several good freeware photo-real scenery add ons on the main site....http://simviation.com/1/front-page

For a broader range or the specific area you fly in you'll probably have to pay. As far as photo-real scenery goes Mega Scenery Earth is the way to go. I have the entire state of Washington, but rarely use it because OrbX covers the same area :roll:
Here's a link:
http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=258
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wayneman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I have looked for North Carolina before and not been able to locate it. I will follow the link!
wayneman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby CHUCK79 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:25 pm

CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wayneman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:33 pm

They have it and I will have it this evening. thanks a ton. Hate I waited so long to ask. This is going to make such a huge difference. I was really getting tired of using my imagination!
wayneman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design