Creating RWY12 .xml w/EZ-Scenery library description files

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Creating RWY12 .xml w/EZ-Scenery library description files

Postby jsaviator » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 pm

OK, here's what I'm up to: for better or for worse, I use RWY12 for scenery object placement. The standard libraries on the internet just aren't doing it for me, so I've downloaded additional libraries that include EZ-scenery objects. What I have are those .bgl files and the text files with the GUID and object names, for example:

Library description file for: ABW.bgl
Automatically created by EZ-Scenery Manager

# Format for description files:
# GUID name
# GUID must consist of 32 hex digits. The format is identical to the one used in
# BGLCOMP (FS2004 SDK)

E990F24CFFFB4F89B7C084FF9868D766 Clock TowerJ
E990F24CFFFB4F89B7C084FF9868D768 Launching slip

In order to be able to use these objects with RWY12, I need to create an .xml file (usually named such as add_whatever.xml), to go in the RWY12 subfolder of the program, that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<objectsLibrary>
<category name="ABW">

<obj name="Clock TowerJ"
guid="E990F24CFFFB4F89B7C084FF9868D766"
image="add_ez-vintage_hangers_ss\na.bmp"/>

<obj name="Launching slip"
guid="E990F24CFFFB4F89B7C084FF9868D768"
image="add_ez-vintage_hangers_ss\na.bmp"/>

</category>
</objectsLibrary>
I've done this before with *one* library by copying and pasting the GUID and object name from one to another, and it worked perfectly in RWY12...but now I'm looking at over 170 libraries with literally hundreds of objects. What I am devoutly hoping is that there is a better (and infinitely more efficient and faster) way of conducting this procedure. Suggestions??

Scott
jsaviator
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Creating RWY12 .xml w/EZ-Scenery library description fil

Postby CrashII » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 am

What would be an easier way of placing EZ library object in FS? Using EZ scenery perhaps?

http://www.abacuspub.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=120
CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Creating RWY12 .xml w/EZ-Scenery library description fil

Postby dave3cu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:24 am

You could try ScruffyDuck's 'Library Object Manager'. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/lom.html

From it's description, it can import info from the EZ-Scenery files and export them in the Rwy12 format.

If you are interested in CrashII's option (EZ-Scenery-payware) I suggest you look at Flight1's 'Instant Scenery 3' (payware) http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3. It reads directly from your scenery library (.bgl's), no special files needed.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Scenery & Panel Design