Garmin G1000 MFD

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Garmin G1000 MFD

Postby TigerAl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 am

Hi folks.

I'd downloaded the Mooney Acclaim with the G1000 glass cockpit and found the airspeed and altimeter tapes don't work because I don't have the Deluxe or Gold version of FSX. I'd resigned myself to having to upgrade / re-install or just using the analogue gauges for the mo.

However, I've recently downloaded the Cirrus SR22 for FSX (lovely plane, by the way) and found that both the tapes are functioning correctly.

Does anyone know what I would have to change / add / delete to allow the Acclaim to use files from the Cirrus that would allow the airspeed and altimeter tapes to work as they do on the Cirrus? Or even whether it is possible for this to be done?

Many thanks for any assistance, guys.

Cheers.

Alex.
TigerAl
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Garmin G1000 MFD

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm

I just updated the GPS screens in most of my planes for consistency. Not any that appear on the 3D cockpit panel, but the [SHIFT] + 3 (or whatever number some of the non-MS planes use).

What I noticed is that on some planes, where there are multiple variants, the GPS line in "panel.cfg" will reference the (external) GPS of another plane (of the same grouping).

I've changed them all, now, but I think that it was in the DeHavilland dhc-3 panels.

If needed I can provide the instructions that came with the Garmin GPS variant that I'm now using.

On the other hand, it may just add to the confusion.

Let's hope for a better answer.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby TigerAl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks, Airmail.

I must confess that your reply confused me when I first read it until I realised, with a flash and a clap of thunder, that I thought I was asking about the Primary Flight Display but I'd typed the wrong letters (MFD for PFD) ... it's an age thing!

I usually do as you suggest and alter the config to use the same GPS but my question (well, the one in my head anyways) was about the other flight display and the airspeed / altimeter parts.

Still no joy and I've been trying all kinds of config changes. I still think it's probably not possible but who knows? Thanks for replying.

Cheers.

Alex.
TigerAl
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am

Alex,

After comparing both addons (Acclaim and SR22) and the default Mooney G1000 (FSX Deluxe) I found that the Acclaim is missing 2 sections in the aircraft.cfg that seems to fix the problem. Add the following sections to the aircraft.cfg file....

[altimeters]
altimeter.0=1
altimeter.1=1

[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0=1
airspeed_indicator.1=1

These sections apparently add the proper inputs for the instruments to function.

...... tapes don't work because I don't have the Deluxe or Gold version of FSX......

Just a note; Both the Acclaim and the SR22 use the same FSX default G1000 gauge. Though the FSX Deluxe/Accel versions add the default aircraft that use the G1000, the gauge itself is included in the FSX Standard version as well.

Dave
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby TigerAl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 am

Hi Dave.

First chance I've had to check out your suggestions - pesky work keeps getting in the way.

Fantastic! Works a treat. Thanks a bunch. I'd read somewhere in the depths of the interweb that you had to effectively make an electric gauge recognise input from a mechanical gauge and I had been trying something similar (similar being the operative word) to no avail. I'd also been tinkering with the panel.cfg and not the aircraft.cfg so I was totally in the wrong area anyway.

Thanks again guys.

Cheers.

Alex.
TigerAl
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design