Problem with GMax...

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Problem with GMax...

Postby Anish » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:12 am

I had untill last week exported objects designed in gmax for creating scenery in fs (terminals, tower, etc..)
But suddenly since yesterday, the export modules keeps on crashing saying that makemdl is not present !?
What happened ? I tried reinstalling the program, re configuring the gamepack (related to export) still nothing.  ???
One more thing, i am having some problems with texturing, i used UVW modifiers but just cant align textures properly on the objects. Is it possible to apply textures the traditional VOD, or EOD way, onto sides and subobjects ?

Anish
Anish
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Problem with GMax...

Postby Hagar » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:36 am

Ah, the joys of using Gmax.  ::)
I'm not the best person to ask but suspect this is caused by something in the object itself. Check out this page to see if it helps. http://thegreatptmd.tripod.com/exporter/eerrors.htm

Sorry, I can't help with the texturing. I never figured it out myself.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Problem with GMax...

Postby Anish » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:03 am

Thanks Hagar !
I later traced down the root of this stuff to an invalid polygon, replaced it and woalla ! it worked.
Thanks for the tipoff.  :)

Anish
Anish
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design