Making AI work in FSX

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Making AI work in FSX

Postby mary-kate50 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:34 pm

Hi there!

Im new here. I'm getting FSX in a few days. I was wondering how to get AI traffic to work seeing as the packages from WOAI are no where to be found and Im not an expert on compiling flight plans, what I wiould I do? Any help would be appreciated.

Lee
mary-kate50
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Making AI work in FSX

Postby tito » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:54 pm

Hello Lee, first I must tell you that in simviation or in other equally mature FS sites you can find the WOAI packages as well as its package installer which is very intuitive and easy to use to install the packages. Try looking for both resources and make your first primitive installation. You will find several unexpected situations such as planes that do not show the textures, or look black, likewise planes that do not land on the runway or if they stumble or go crazy in the air. This is mainly because many of the aircraft packages were designed for FS2004. Another drawback is that the flight plans are old and up to now there is no known update. But come on, you are not in a position to be demanding and this is going very well for your learning.
Now, there is good news for the mentioned problems, there are solutions (not for all planes) for the vast majority of planes that integrate the packages, which are a lot.
I will be following the thread and supporting you in the arrangements that you will need to make in the measure of my time. Of course there are also the talented guys who usually support the forum. Greetings and good time.
tito
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Making AI work in FSX

Postby TransportFan2014 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:23 am

TLDR, the WOAI packages can be installed from here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... installer/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... -packages/

I do agree that the list is somewhat outdated (especially with regards to airlines still operating). As for adding more AI types, that will be really difficult (if not impossible) for me to answer. I myself am still trying to explore options to add extra AI jets (mainly trijets, modern business jets and Russian planes), but have not found any useful info on that yet.

Cheers.
TransportFan2014
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design