Designing Instrument Panel

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Designing Instrument Panel

Postby Colt17752 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:11 pm

HELLO THERE! Now that I have your attention with the title, I don't actually have any info on how to do it, rather I am /looking/ for information, tutorials and all of that good stuff on how to set up the gauges, instrument panels, EICAS, TCAS and all of that good stuff.

What I'm looking for -
1. Best (free) program to design the panel
2. How to make everything in there functional
3. Preexisting models for references
4. Any scripts that might be known to be required
5. Any tips or useful information that could help make this happen

I like realism and trying to match a design to reality, example standard FSX shows the Boeing 737 uses EICAS when in reality the 737 isn't equipped with EICAS so if I can make something that reflects reality I could probably post it and you guys could use it. I don't believe in short cuts so expect something great if I can in fact make the panel, gauges, etc.

So if you have any information on how to do this please post below. Thank you :D
Colt17752
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Designing Instrument Panel

Postby Dave T » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:01 am

Try Blender, tools are available to export the models. A few posts on here that explain the process.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby ethanwick » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:43 pm

It would be good to hear back if you ever got anywhere with this?

Are you talking about editing existing 2d and VC panels - use FSPanel Studio

Or creating a internal model, 3d VC from scratch? This is much more complex but obviously can be done
ethanwick
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hertzie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:19 pm

Maybe to get the "feel" : start with a simple excisting panel and add/change/remove gauges. Then put in extra 's by creating extra panels (throttle, gps, autopilot etc.), first in 2d, later in VC, so you get an idea of how things work in FSX. That's how I started.

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design