April Repainting Contest!

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

April Repainting Contest!

Postby Club508 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

April Aircraft Egg Repainting Competion

Well, since I didn't really get a yes or a no from the moderators and/or administrators on this competition, but got plenty of good feedback from members on it, I decided to go ahead and make it.  So, for any moderators and/or administrators, if this competition isn't allowed or something, please let me know and take it down.

Well, this month's repainting contest will be for:
The Bell 206B Jetranger!
"Nothing like good old egg-lloking things decorating."
"Alrighty, I know everyone's not into it, but over here we tend to decorate some eggs.  But now, it's time to start it off Flight Simulator style!  I noticed the Bell 206B looks kind of like an egg when rotated, so let's try to make some nice, really colorful eggs out there to help get in with the season!  No, it doesn't have to be decorated like an egg, just try to make it somewhat colorful."

The last day for submissions is Friday, April 27, 2012 at 11:59PM EST

The General Outline and Rules

1.  This is a contest to see who can create the best repaint for the theme stated for each contest within the alotted time given for the contest.

2.  Only default and freeware aircraft may be used!  This helps keep the contest balanced, since payware can occaisionly higher quality textures than some freeware, and can also be easier to understand.

3.  You can enter as many entrys as you like for the contest, but only one is required.  The more freeware Simviation has, the better!  Now, even though you are able to submit multiple entrys, please keep in mind that all entrys should be CONTEST QUALITY.  Just doing a slipshod job on a paint will make it look not very good.  This contest is based on QUALITY, not quantity.  All entrys will be treated as seperate submissions, and voting will be done by each seperate paint, not by person who created the paints.

4.  To be elligable, a repaint must meet these requirements:
    a.  The repaint must be uploaded to Simviation!  This means it must be ON THE SITE by the end of the contest!
    b.  The repaint must be within the ranges of the month's theme!
    c.  The repaint must be for a freeware or default aircraft.
    d.  It must be for any simgle one or multiple of the following sims:  FSX, FS2004
    e.  Proper credit must be included for the creators of the aircraft, and of any paintkit(s) used!
    f.  Keep it appropriate!  The repaint must NOT be in any way insulting or offensive to anyone.  We don't want any issues here!
    g.  It have been submitted within the running time of the contest.  Any earlier paints will not be accepted!  Only ones made specifically for the
        contest!
    h.  When submitted, the 'submitted by:' must be your EXACT username.

5.  To submit, simply put a post in this topic with the following:
    a.  The title of the paint.
    b.  A photo without the [/img] and [img] tags, to be used to help bring out the beauty of the paint and for the voting stage.
    c.  A link to the paint on simviation.
    d.  If the aircraft is downloaded freeware, a link to the original aircraft.

6.  When the contest is over, and all the repaints have been checked, a voting topic will appear and voting will begin on what the best paint is! 
        Voting will last until the end of the month of the current contest.

7.  Sorry to say, but there is no prize for the winner except the wonderful knowing that you had the best paint for that topic.  Pat yourself on the
        back and celebrate.  You're one heck of a repainter!

Failure to comply with any of those rules will result in disqualification of that repaint from the contest! 
ALL PAINTS WILL BE PERSONALLY CHECKED PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE TO THE VOTING STAGE!!!

If anyone has ANY questions at all, PLEASE ASK!  Be it by PM, post, whatever, JUST ASK!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Club508
Major
Major

Re: April Repainting Contest!

Postby Club508 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Here we go again!
Let's try to get some more entrys this time for this new eggselent contest!
Last edited by Club508 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby ilikerio » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:58 pm

EGG!!!!!!  ;D :D ;D
ilikerio
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:17 pm

So when we take a picture of the 206, does it have to be rotated?

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Wait,how did you get it rotated in the first place???

;D ;D ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm

No, the picture doesn't have to be rotated, I just thought the craft looked like an egg that way.

As for jetprop, I slewed to about 10,000ft, then went full throttle and full pitch down.  When I was vertical, I slewed myself carefully above the pond. ;)
One of the few times I use slew.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 pm

I am going to be so mad if there are no entries. >:(
It's still the 27th over here, so I don't care if it's EST or not.  Just get an entry or two!
Club508
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Its because there isn't in a often-visited forum.
I often overlook this part of the forum...

And there aren't that much painters out there.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Its because there isn't in a often-visited forum.
I often overlook this part of the forum...

And there aren't that much painters out there.

Sigh,  well it's over anyway.  And I don't think there'll be another.  But yes, I guess that is a good, and even for me, fairly accurate point. :'(
Sigh... :-/
Club508
Major
Major

Postby todayshorse » Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Its difficult Club, i used to do repaints, but its soooo time consuming. I just dont have the time nowadays. Work gets in the way and tbh thats what pays the bills, as much as i used to enjoy the challenge. I did try to get back into it a while ago but after a month or so i still hadnt got past doing the bare metal finish/lower fuselage section on a 747 SP!
todayshorse
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Its difficult Club, i used to do repaints, but its soooo time consuming. I just dont have the time nowadays. Work gets in the way and tbh thats what pays the bills, as much as i used to enjoy the challenge. I did try to get back into it a while ago but after a month or so i still hadnt got past doing the bare metal finish/lower fuselage section on a 747 SP!

Whew!  I've been away from here a while!  My goodness!  But yes, I understand.  typically I don't get too much more done nowadays either. :-/
Though I have to admit, what's the point of having a contest with at best one or two entries per month? :D
Club508
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft Repainting