Need a hand with a repaint

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Need a hand with a repaint

Postby Hornet Tech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm

First I want to explain. I am in a Navy Adversary Squadron, VFC-12 we are currently flying a fairly impressive scheme patterned after a Russian Navy version of the SU-29.

We are about to change it up this spring as we have been running that one for nearly 4 years now.

I have been tasked with getting a pattern pulled from a SU-35 and put it on a hornet for running up the COC to get approval. Our airwing just wants to see it before its done. Its going to get approved.

Here is out current paintjob
Typical. I cant post a picture

This is what we are about to change too.

Of COURSE NOT!

I am perhaps one of the most unqualified people to try and do this and I used to play SIMs all the time. The people on these forums knew how to do this very well. I am hoping there is someone that can give me a hand. Trust me. You will see these planes around with the paint job that YOU designed. Just let me know if you think you can help

ATC(AW)Rick Torrey
VFC-12 Maintenance Control CPO
richard.torrey@navy.mil
rick_torrey@hotmail.com
Hornet Tech
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need a hand with a repaint

Postby Hornet Tech » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 am

I promise I will post the pictures once I can. Apparently I am only allowed one post per day
Hornet Tech
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 am

I promise I will post the pictures once I can. Apparently I am only allowed one post per day

Not sure what you mean. You can post as many times as you like. Upload your images here --> http://simviation.com/phpupload/phUploader.php

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RaptorF22 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Like Hagar, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I can probably help you out with a repaint. :)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby Hornet Tech » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks for the help.
Hornet Tech
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft Repainting