Aircraft textures

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Aircraft textures

Postby Javichu » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Hey  everyone , i am new by the way  i would like to ask you guys how do you change the textures of an airplane i mean ive been trying downloading , loads of textures files trying to copy and pasting it into the airplane textures file and still dosent work , can someone please give me an advise (FSX version).  :)!
Javichu
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Aircraft textures

Postby garryrussell » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 am

Hi

The question is too general :-?

Repaints should come with instructions which, if followed, should work

You need to give us a particular example, tell us what is says to do, what you did, and what happened or in this case, what doesn't happen

Some people get aircraft without textures, some get nothing at all, some get it show and lock.

All these have different solutions. ;)

So let just take one example which will probably be the same problem with all anyway. :)

Garry
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Re: Aircraft textures

Postby J2Summit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:52 pm

It will help to have a preliminary understanding of the "aircraft.cfg" file that each and every model uses. It's found in the main folder for each airplane. You can look at existing aircraft in FSX and study the files. Also, load the FSX SDKs. It's a separate installation found on FSX Disk 1. Microsoft gives away all their trade secrets there, and explain in detail how the aircraft.cfg file works.

Secondly, if you want to do your own repaints, you will need DXTBmp (http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/programs/dxtbmp.htm). It's the link at the very bottom.
J2Summit
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft Repainting