FSX Acceleration Carrier texture

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

FSX Acceleration Carrier texture

Postby Club508 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Does anyone know where the textures for the FSX Acceleration cariier used in the Carrier Practice mission are located and what they are called?  I have searched all over but I haven't been able to find them and I want to attempt to make a new paint job for it.

Thanks! :)
Club508
Major
Major

Re: FSX Acceleration Carrier texture

Postby todayshorse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Not sure if its classed as scenery in FSX, but if it is, it will be in the scenery folder. As my carriers are stuff ive downloaded, they appear in the addon scenery folder. Dont know if that helps.....!
todayshorse
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Not sure if its classed as scenery in FSX, but if it is, it will be in the scenery folder. As my carriers are stuff ive downloaded, they appear in the addon scenery folder. Dont know if that helps.....!

No, I've looked all over many times through all the scenery and texture folders I can possibly think of, but couldn't find it, so I must have either not looked throuh the right ones or accidentally skipped over it about 3 times in each folder. :P
And I'm talking about the carriers that come as defualt with the FSX Acceleration extension.  But thanks for trying.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 pm

I looked in ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Boats where I found veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm and veh_carrier01.

They both have texture folders with texture.cfg files that point to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture.

There is a whole bunch of textures that start with carrier_* in that folder.

cheers,
Joe

[edit]
edited to remove XP specific paths

[/edit]
Last edited by JoBee on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Club508 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm

I looked in ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Boats where I found veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm and veh_carrier01.

They both have texture folders with texture.cfg files that point to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture.

There is a whole bunch of textures that start with carrier_* in that folder.

cheers,
Joe

[edit]
edited to remove XP specific paths

[/edit]

Thanks!  I'll check in the morning if those are it! :)
Club508
Major
Major

Postby rsoftokz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am

yes the whole texture folders are in simobjects/boats

you can also find on the web some freeware fo the carrier ( Nimitz and Enterprise) with upgraded textures files for AI carriers that is a very cool add on to use.
rsoftokz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft Repainting