Help Larry or Anyone

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Help Larry or Anyone

Postby TRflyman01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:53 am

I have three problem areas that I can't find on the texture sheets for the Carenado 185.
The one on the step I knew about just never tried to fix as I don't think it can be but I might be wrong. The other two I don't ever remember having this problem.

See pic below

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mike
TRflyman01
Major
Major

Here's one idea

Postby Club508 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm

If by "in the texture sheets", you mean just the _T texture I think I might know how to help you.  Try looking through every single one of the textures in the folder and see if you can spot them there and fix them.
    Like for example, for the World Travel texture of the FS2004 Boeing 747-400, the World Travel logo located near the cockpit on the outside of the aircraft wasn't in the _T texture, its in a diffrent image that if I remember correctly was called b747_400_decal.
    Anyway, if this doesn't help, try to find someone else because this is all I've got.  Good luck with it!
Club508
Major
Major

Re: Help Larry or Anyone

Postby TRflyman01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Club but I think that I have found that it can't be fixed.
TRflyman01
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Mike, look on Accesorie185a and Accessorie185b. I think one of them may have the part in the left circle. There are also some possibles on interior_A, B, D, & E.

I had the same problem when trying to find the dorsal fin on the amphibian. It's on one of the accesorie sheets. I'm not sure about the middle and right circles though.

But you might want to look at every sheet in the first texture folder, the one without a dot name, i.e. texture vs. texture.HIA. Hope you find it. :)
Last edited by patchz on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TRflyman01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Larry I used the color method to find the main problem I wanted to fix...

I came to the conclusion the only way to fix it is to bring the black higher up on the front. I think it will be too close to the logo but will give it a try.
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I will look for the foot step problem some more.
TRflyman01
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 pm

I ran into some similar problems with other models in the past. Some things just can't be fixed due to mapping.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting