DC10-30

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

DC10-30

Postby BJ080 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 am

I have downloaded the SGA DC10-30 and wanted to re-paint in my own design, so I thought if I downloaded a `texture`NWA thinking maybe I could alter that but I failed :'(
Is there any way I could find to accomplish my idea please
BJ080
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: DC10-30

Postby patchz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 am

I have downloaded the SGA DC10-30 and wanted to re-paint in my own design, so I thought if I downloaded a `texture`NWA thinking maybe I could alter that but I failed :'(

Depends. How did you fail, what were the problems? What software did you use, and have you done other repaints before?
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BJ080 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:11 am

Depends. How did you fail, what were the problems? What software did you use, and have you done other repaints before?

I get more confused because I download the DC 10-30 from the FSX area, but when I try to get it to work in my sim objects I'm told to put it into my FS2004 ?
In answer to your question. I use Adobe CS3 and I have done skins before. I see the changes in the `panels` i've painted but there are many `locked` texture panels I can't access to see what they are though I did manage to open a couple but they are almost blank with longtitudinal stripes?
The one plane I can see in the FSX that I've painted a `test` panel, there's no change when I fly it.
BJ080
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 am

I get more confused because I download the DC 10-30 from the FSX area, but when I try to get it to work in my sim objects I'm told to put it into my FS2004 ?

Hello. Sounds like it was originally for FS2004. It would help if you can be more specific. Is it one of these? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SGA+DC-10&categoryId=54

In answer to your question. I use Adobe CS3 and I have done skins before. I see the changes in the `panels` i've painted but there are many `locked` texture panels I can't access to see what they are though I did manage to open a couple but they are almost blank with longtitudinal stripes?

I suspect these textures are in Extended BMP format. You need a texture converter like DXTBmp to open them for editing & convert back afterwards. Get the latest version here --> http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/programs/dxtbmp.htm

PS.
I thought if I downloaded a `texture`NWA thinking maybe I could alter that but I failed

This is the only NWA repaint I can find for a DC-10-30. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=1NWA.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

Note it's for the payware DC-10 from Commercial Level Simulations. It won't work with the SGA version.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BJ080 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 am

Thank you Hagar, I've now got the DXT bmp and I now see the files.
The other links you questioned are the same ones I have, though I have cleaned all the previous ones out of my FSX Sim Objects, and reinstalled the `Express ONE` DC10-30 but the weird thing is that one of the planes I deleted is still showing, and able to fly  and the thumbnail is still showing too ::) even though I did a search for all the DC 10's it doesn't come up with it anywhere. and the Express ONE is in my `airplane Sim objects, but that doesn't show in the FSX plane `Choices` when the game is started.
So maybe I'm on the wrong track here because it seem my original problem is caused by not having the correct FSX DC10-30 to work on :-/ could you suggest where I should look for the necessary info on how to remove all traces of this `Eastern DC10`please.
BJ080
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:05 am

[quote]I have cleaned all the previous ones out of my FSX Sim Objects, and reinstalled the `Express ONE` DC10-30 but the weird thing is that one of the planes I deleted is still showing, and able to fly
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BJ080 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 pm

It's difficult to guess what you've done here. You must have missed the `Eastern DC10`when you removed the other DC-10s. Check your FSX SimObjects\Airplanes folder carefully for it.

The Express ONE aircraft is self-contained & providing you installed the correct folder (folder name is DC-10-30F) it should be listed under McDonnell Douglas as Manufacturer on the Free Flight selection menu.

The panel & sound are aliased to the default B737_800 so make sure you haven't deleted it or it won't show up.[/quote]
I have lost count of how many times I've been into the Sim objects / airplanes, and I've just again been through every single planes files to see if that `Eastern` dc-10 is hidden there but not a sign can be found, and I have also got the DC 10-30Fedex installed in the plane files of FSX but that doesn't open in the game, this is so weird :'(
BJ080
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 am

I have lost count of how many times I've been into the Sim objects / airplanes, and I've just again been through every single planes files to see if that `Eastern` dc-10 is hidden there but not a sign can be found, and I have also got the DC 10-30Fedex installed in the plane files of FSX but that doesn't open in the game, this is so weird :'(

I just downloaded the Fedex DC-10 to check it out. I can see part of your problem. The folder names of the Express One & Fedex aircraft are the same - DC-10-30F. Rename one of the folders before installing it if you want both of them to work. Note that both are aliased to the FSX default B737_800 which must be installed for them to be listed on the selection menu.

I don't know where this Eastern DC-10 came from. Could it be this one? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SGA_DC-10texpk&categoryId=&filename=Y

The best way to sort this out is to remove all of the DC-10 aircraft you have installed & start again. Try them one at a time to make sure they work before installing another one.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting