Painters Knowledge Wanted

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Painters Knowledge Wanted

Postby Diverskii » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 am

Hello fellow painters,

A while back, a few flight simmers with FSX developing experience decided to get together and develop a much loved aircraft in the aviation world, the McDonnell Douglas MD-11. We all loved the plane and realised that there was a gap in the freeware market for the MD-11. We looked into it and discovered the only reasonably complete free MD-11 out there was the freeware Overland one. We contacted Overland and they were happy to work with us. They gave us complete permission to make "MAJOR" changes to the freeware MD-11 and release it for FSX.

We have edited almost every imaginable aspect, including flight dynamics, contact points, textures and a complete revamp of the Virtual Cockpit. However, due to personal problems within the team, around January time, work completely halted on the MD-11. It is almost complete, and the model itself only needs a few minor tweaks before it is ready for release.

However, we are lacking in the repaint department. We began creating a few of the many repaints we have planed but then the work had to stop. So we are looking for skilled repainters to help paint the remaining livery's for us. Our team have "reasonable" repainting skills but nothing on some of the guys in these forums, so thats why we decided to ask if anyone would be willing to help us out. You would of course get complete credit for the repaints and there is no limit on how many people can repaint for us. There is a great paintkit for the aircraft and some great livery's to paint, both modern and retro.

You can see our work here: http://www.wix.com/fsgraphic/home

So if you have a free moment and would like to help us, we would greatly appreciate it. You can contact us either through our website or at: fsgraphics@live.co.uk

Thanks,
The FSG Team
Last edited by Diverskii on Wed May 04, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diverskii
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Painters Knowledge Wanted

Postby RaptorF22 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 am

Sounds like a great project, and I would love to help.
Unfortunately, due to a HDD failure, I am not going to be able to get to PS and FSX for a few weeks.
If you can wait that long, I'd be glad to help. :)
My email is f22raptor500@gmail.com if you want to contact me, I'm not on the forums that much now.
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Re: Painters Knowledge Wanted

Postby J2Summit » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 am

I could get into that. Sent you an email thru your site.
John
J2Summit
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft Repainting