IFDG A 319 Repaint

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

IFDG A 319 Repaint

Postby Peedy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi guy's. I downloaded from simv FS9 Jets IFDG A319. It has Scandinavian textures. I'm really new to this and I am confused. I'm attempting a repaint. I painted over the Scandinavian logo on the Main Bump. I then added some different text. Looks fine. After all the saving etc I go to the sim to inspect my work and the erased Scandianavin logo is showing under my new text. Can you help me please. Kind regards Peedy
Peedy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: IFDG A 319 Repaint

Postby patchz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Check the alpha on the main. You will probably have to remove the text there. You can:

Send the alpha to your editor and just paint over the text with the shade of the surrounding area.

Or you can:

Send the main to editor.

Make a duplicate of it and close the original, leaving your editor open with the duplicate open.

Send the alpha to the editor and copy and paste the duplicate of the main onto the alpha. When you paste it, it will no longer be in color, but grayscale.

Then change the whites and grays so it will look just like the original but with your version of the text.

The difference of the two ways to do it will result in your text having or not having shine/reflection, depending on the darkness of the grayscale. White means no shine. The closer you get to black, the more it will shine. However, some models will become translucent or invisible when you go all the way to black. For most, you will use a lighter shade of gray.

Just be glad it's FS9 and not FSX. In FSX, you would also have a specular file to deal with.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Peedy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi patchz, your fast becomming my saviour. Iv'e done what you said and low and behold success. Thank you so much. Kind regards Peedy
P.S. Sorry for the delay. Iv'e been away.
Peedy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby patchz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 am

Hi patchz, your fast becomming my saviour. Iv'e done what you said and low and behold success. Thank you so much. Kind regards Peedy
P.S. Sorry for the delay. Iv'e been away.

No problem, glad you got it fixed. :)
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting