weird texture when I try to repaint?

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

weird texture when I try to repaint?

Postby Jared » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 am

Good evening all, I've been playing around with lots of different things in fsx over the past couple of days. One of which is modifying the afcad file to add lots more parking at 1g3 so that I can eventually recreate the flight training that takes place daily at my alma mater. currently though I'm having some trouble with repainting aircraft. I know I've done this before...but now fsx keeps bringing up the texture and giving me this after the repaint....Can someoen tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: weird texture when I try to repaint?

Postby ApplePie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 am

Try flipping the texture vertically in DXTbmp.
Last edited by ApplePie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby drbob777 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 pm

I had the same problem when I started repainting.

You need to rotate it to the correct position in DXTbmp

you can use the other C172_T files as a refrence for the rotation
drbob777
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jared » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks guys! The rotation fixed that texture....now I'm just trying to repaint over BOTH n numbers. I've pulled up ALL texture files usign dxtbmp and repainted everything that had the n number on it and I still end up with the same Nnumber showign up on the co-pilots side. any idear?
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby drbob777 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks guys! The rotation fixed that texture....now I'm just trying to repaint over BOTH n numbers. I've pulled up ALL texture files usign dxtbmp and repainted everything that had the n number on it and I still end up with the same Nnumber showign up on the co-pilots side. any idear?

The N-numbers FS generates on the default aircraft?

I've never figured out how to get rid of those.

If your talking about the text being backwards you need to mirror it in your editor so it will show up properly.
drbob777
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Jared. Hows tricks? ;)

It should work if you paint the N number in the appropriate place on the main texture of your repaint - file name C172_T.dds.

The N-numbers FS generates on the default aircraft?

I've never figured out how to get rid of those.

I removed the default registration by deleting the atc_id entry in Aircraft.cfg. I don't know if this affects the ATC.
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jared » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks guys, I kind of need to leave the ATC_ID alone as I'm primarily painting these as AI and I want them to call in to ATC using the correct nnumber listed on the side of the plane just like in real life.

I'm repainting the carenado 152 at the moment and I have gone through and removed the original n number on ALL textures that I saw it on, then painted a new one on but each time the old n-number shows up again. I know I must be doing something silly here to cause it but I haven't figured out what yet.
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ApplePie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 pm

In FSX there is no need to remove the atc_id entry from the aircraft.cfg. You can just press the "details" button while choosing an aircraft, and uncheck the "show tail number" box.
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft Repainting