CFS3 Repaints with PSP5- Help please

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

CFS3 Repaints with PSP5- Help please

Postby Nod » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:43 am

Hello everyone,

Im new to repainting and have been doing small stuff, nose art, personal ID numbers etc. Just started moving onto the aircraft colour schemes and it seems to be a real long winded process.

I'm looking for a way to create a plain /blank/ white template from the dds files in CFS3, but with all the rivets etc on there as a layer. Is there a quick way of doing this, or do I need to erase the current colours, then go in and create a new layer and paint the rivets in by hand........... I think I know the answer is going to be the latter, but just thought I'd ask before I start.

I have PSP5 and the BMP programme from Martin Wright that converts the files etc.

Thanks in advance
Nod
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CFS3 Repaints with PSP5- Help please

Postby Felix/FFDS » Wed May 07, 2003 11:06 am

the latter ...
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nod » Fri May 09, 2003 3:49 am

Thanks Felix.......... I had a feeling it would be. I'll just go an lock myself away in a small room for while then!!!!!
Nod
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri May 09, 2003 8:21 am

The probelm, of course, is that the DDS images -and it applies to any compiled model texture - are "flat" with the characteristics set in place.

What texturists like is layers ... to make the base metal, the different schemes, panel lines, rivets, etc.

converting the final texure to DDS,  BMP, XYZ, etc., is "easy".

BTW - I seriously suggest you upgrade to PSP8... The interface is different to PSP5 - the same tools/icons are there, just "better"

Thanks Felix.......... I had a feeling it would be. I'll just go an lock myself away in a small room for while then!!!!!
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft Repainting