the best sunburst for my super decathlon

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

the best sunburst for my super decathlon

Postby awash2002 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:31 pm

I am now taking ideas on which paint scheme should I use on the decathlon here are 5 to pick from

1.  red and white

2.  blue and red

3.  white and red

4.  yellow and white

5.  green and white

that is the five to choose from?
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Re: the best sunburst for my super decathlon

Postby Hagar » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:57 am

Red & white (or white & red) always shows up well. Of course, you could always do a package with all 5 options.  ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby awash2002 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:14 pm

Hager I will thanks buddy how big should the total package file be?
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:02 pm

It would depend on how many textures you're using for the aircraft & their size & format. This can vary a great deal. I would choose one scheme to work with, let's say red & white, & worry about the others later. ;)

Working textures do not need to be particularly detailed or good quality. I use basic 512 X 512 x 8 bit working textures for my own projects. Once they're assigned properly they can be forgotten & finished off later. This would usually be the last job once the project itself is finished.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby awash2002 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:00 pm

I will use the same process that you use hager thanks I dont have photoshop but I will get it how much is it? photoshop 8?
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:56 am

I dont have photoshop but I will get it how much is it? photoshop 8?

Photoshop is an expensive graphics editor used by the pros. If you don't mind paying try Paint Shop Pro which is equally as good & considerably cheaper. This is the one I prefer as I find it much more user-friendly. Limited trial version here. http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?

There's no need to go to all that expense for repainting aircraft textures or any other work in FS. Owning professional quality graphics editors will not suddenly make you into a great artist. You have to learn to use them first & have a modicum of flair & talent. M$ Paint is adequate to practice with if you have nothing else. Pixia, posted in the SimV Utilities sections & Photplus5 http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/ph/ph5/index.asp
are both excellent free full programs with all the features you need. I suggest trying them both to see which one suits you.
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting