Painting doors

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Painting doors

Postby slimcooper2002 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:38 am

Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new at repainting aircraft and was curious as to how you line up doors and rudders and such. For example, I'm working on the FSX A321 and on the A321_1_T.dds file I cant figure out which doors go where or how they line up. I have a stripe thatr runs across the windows but I can only guess where it goes on the doors. As for knowing which door goes where Ive tried putting a number on them and starting the game up to see which door is where but it seems if I do that twice the doors are in different places when I check the game.
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Painting doors

Postby seblines23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:38 am

I see your problem, but the only solution I can think of right now is checking the default paint schemes for the A321 and checking where the letters and textures on the fuselage line up. That should give a pretty good idea of which door goes where. Ill let you know if I find a less tedious method for it.
seblines23
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Painting doors

Postby slimcooper2002 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

I tried that and it helps a little, but if your even 1 pixel off it shows up. There has to be a way of doing it. I tried moving the doors to their position on the fuselage but I still dont know what elevation to put them at. Not sure where exactly to place them
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Repainting