ALPHA CHANNEL KARMA

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

ALPHA CHANNEL KARMA

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:39 pm

This time, my ALPHA troubles are not caused by my restless thick fingers: now Randow Choice (or Karma) elected me for disaster. Maybe my previous ALPHA CHANNEL TROUBLE post acted as a Lightning Rod for derelict ALPHAS on the loose to strike me!! :o

I downloaded a variant of the North American T-6 Texan South African Air Force T-6 Texan here at Simviation & it behaves as a tricky Texan should, I like it. I added 2 more textures of the Spanish Air Force, installed & opened my FS 2004 Silver Wings for test flights:

My Time of the Day choice being DUSK, ( :oops: forgot to compensate the hour difference between Mexico & Britain) and...

...the poor thing is phantasmagorical & translucent!! So I checked the other 3 Texans textures in this pack:

ALL translucent, like model kits made of cheap plastic... EXCEPT THE LAST ONE: FAB ELO. PLUS this phenomenom does not happen in Daytime hours ("only" :doh: at Dawn, at Night & at Dusk):

Since FAB ELO has the ALPHA channel as a white square...I changed the ALPHA channel as a white square in 463+31: now translucency & reflections ARE GONE:

So ALPHA mods have DiRE consecuences!! And I did a lot of configuring there... Fearing the worst ( :o I boobooed my FS2004 AGAiN!!) I checked my aircraft with more shine over Bare Aluminum (darker Alphas):

Beech Staggerwing USAAF

Beech model 18 USAAF:

Gee Bee model Z:

My breath has come back before having an atack, menos mal. I tryed Reflections vs NO Reflections, in aircraft CFG I found a model Option- normal & No-refl -TO NO AVAiL: only replacing ALPHA channels with a White Square WORKS!! Now, I installed this Texan Pack in my FS 2004 Golden Wings

SAME THiNG... Of all my aircraft, this only happens with South African Air Force T-6 Texan. :think: in BOTH SiMS. :violin: :violin: :violin:

HOW CAN I MODIFY THiS CONDiTiON, retaining reflections?? :pray: :pray: :pray:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: ALPHA CHANNEL KARMA

Postby logjam » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:01 pm

In TV and filming, have you ever heard of a "Blue background?" It's how they project weather charts into thin air to simulate a seemingly realistic screen. If the weatherman also wears a blue shirt, then the projection appears on his shirt too. Blue screen phenomena it's called. The weather man can't wear a blue shirt. Methinks the same problem is hidden somewhere in the SA Texan. Don't ask me where, but you are on the right track with a white square. Why not try colors?
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:14 pm

logjam wrote:In TV and filming, have you ever heard of a "Blue background?" It's how they project weather charts into thin air to simulate a seemingly realistic screen. If the weatherman also wears a blue shirt, then the projection appears on his shirt too. Blue screen phenomena it's called. The weather man can't wear a blue shirt. Methinks the same problem is hidden somewhere in the SA Texan. Don't ask me where, but you are on the right track with a white square. Why not try colors?

Hello Logjam, I was wondering why other aircraft with ALPHA channel textures only use diferent shades of grey :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: This is the Top Wing ALPHA color on Lockheed L10E (sperry) that does not go translucent into Dusk, Night & Dawn:

Well, for the moment changing ALPHA channel colors as Logjam sugested & will report results. (soon I :pray: :pray: :pray: hope)
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I had read somewhere when trying to duplicate a bare metal or Chrome scheme you will need black as alpha channel under where bare metal or chrome will be. I guess black gives you a higher reflection than grey will, the darker the grey the more reflective the paint will shine if I understood it correctly.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Maybe this will help some.
http://www.calclassic.com/repaint4.htm

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Azframer wrote:Maybe this will help some.
http://www.calclassic.com/repaint4.htm

Rick

Hello Rick, will read this with time. GRACiAS

Jean
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft Repainting