SGA DC9 Paint Kit Missing Engines

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

SGA DC9 Paint Kit Missing Engines

Postby PlutonianEmpire » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:55 pm

I acquired the paint kit for the DC9 from SGA. However, they are missing the textures for the engines. Where can I find them or how do I substitute them if I can't?
System Specs: HP 2000 Notebook PC; Windows 8.1 64-Bit; 4GB RAM; AMD E-300 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.3 GHz; AMD Radeon HD 6310.
PlutonianEmpire
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: SGA DC9 Paint Kit Missing Engines

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:49 pm

If I were to render a guess here, perhaps the texture.bmp(s) you are looking for is already in a different texture folder of the main aircraft folder. When you create a new texture folder for your paint you are working on there are times when you need to grab the missing texture.bmp's from the other texture folders of a complete aircraft download to make a complete texture folder for your paint.

There are paint kits out there that only supply certain texture.bmp's and are not complete by any means for the aircraft you are painting. It's just one of those little things a person needs to know by viewing a complete texture folder of all the .bmp's of the aircraft, and compare it to your new texture folder you are working on to see what bmp's are missing yet that you need to put into your new texture folder to make it a complete texture folder.

Once you have located the engine.bmp in one of the other texture folders, copy and paste that engine.bmp to your new texture folder and your all set to start painting the engines.

EXAMPLE 1
What I usually do is copy and paste to my desktop one of the complete texture folders already in the main aircraft folder, and rename this folder to the new.texture I'm going to create and drag and drop it back into the main aircraft folder again. Go to the aircraft.cfg and make my new entry, start my flight sim and view to see if all is there before I start a re-paint.

EXAMPLE 2
When you view the main aircraft folder and see folders like, texture, northwest.texture, delta.texture and etc. It's the northwest, and delta that are using shared textures from just the texture folder sometimes. Both the northwest and delta share the same engine textures. To change either the northwest or the delta engine paint you need to locate in just the texture folder where the engine.bmp and copy and paste to the northwest or delta you are looking to change. Now your set to start re-painting the engines.

Hope this gets your paint rolling again sir.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: SGA DC9 Paint Kit Missing Engines

Postby PlutonianEmpire » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi again, coming back to this, if the textures are there, yet they're not showing up on the aircraft in the sim (meaning the plane looks incomplete, as in the screenshot below), does loading it into DXTBmp and resaving as a different bmp type help or fix it at all, or would it be better to copypasta textures from sets that do work and overwrite the textures that aren't loading?

Example plane with texture files that are there, but won't load:
System Specs: HP 2000 Notebook PC; Windows 8.1 64-Bit; 4GB RAM; AMD E-300 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.3 GHz; AMD Radeon HD 6310.
PlutonianEmpire
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Repainting