CFS2 repaint question

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

CFS2 repaint question

Postby Glitch » Sun May 11, 2003 5:29 am

Just repainted an aircraft for cfs2 the textures show up great as long as I do not rename the aircraft. What is the proceedure for renaming a repaint for cfs2?
Pendercafts.com Downloads for Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, addons for FS2002 and FS2004 and videos too
Glitch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: CFS2 repaint question

Postby Hagar » Sun May 11, 2003 3:28 pm

Hi Glitch. Can you explain in more detail. There should be no problem providing it's properly configured, either separately or as a "2 in 1" with 2 texture folders in the same aircraft. There might be a texture conflict if one version is selected straight after the other from Free Flight or QC. This was not completely fixed until FS2002. The only way over that would be to rename the repainted textures & hex edit the MDL to recognise them.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun May 11, 2003 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Glitch » Mon May 12, 2003 3:51 am

Yep the aircraft has different textures for different seasons.  You say that single texture aircraft rename with the same proceedure as cfs1? I will just contain my painting to single tex AC till I get more experience with cfs2. Thanks Glitch
Pendercafts.com Downloads for Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, addons for FS2002 and FS2004 and videos too
Glitch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon May 12, 2003 7:51 am

Glitch. The method is exactly the same as for CFS1. To add different variations to an aircraft in a single folder (2 in 1) make sure that
1. You follow the standard texture folder naming conventions. Texture.1 (or Texture.green) etc.
2. Add the new variation as an extra [fltsim.x] entry to Aircraft.cfg (below [fltsim.0] ). The numbers must follow in sequence. For example, the first repaint will be [fltsim.1]
3. Change the title= name for each variation & point the texture= line to the exact name or number (following the period) of the appropriate texture folder.

The Aircraft.cfg entry for a single repaint of the default Hellcat in a folder named Texture.1 would look something like this.

[fltsim.0]
title=F6F-3 Hellcat
sim=F6F3_Hellcat
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
KB_checklists=f6f3_hellcat_check

[fltsim.1]
title=F6F-3 Hellcat Glitch
sim=F6F3_Hellcat
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
KB_checklists=f6f3_hellcat_check
Last edited by Hagar on Mon May 12, 2003 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Glitch » Tue May 13, 2003 4:01 am

That should help a lot Hagar. I was just changing the title in the .cfg file, and placing the repainted textures into the main texture folder of the aircraft. Not creating a second .cfg entry and asigning a new texture folder. I think that this might cure my problem. I will check it later today and will post results. Glitch
Glitch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Glitch » Wed May 14, 2003 4:23 am

Worked like a charm. Just like all your advice Hagar Thanks.
Glitch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed May 14, 2003 4:43 am

That's great. Glad it worked for you. Thanks for telling me.  ;)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting