Drop them a thanks next time.

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Drop them a thanks next time.

Postby hyperpep111 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 am

First of all I want to say a huuge thanks again to freeware and payware developers ;).

But Some/most people tend to take (freeware) developers for granted, Forgetting all the hard work put into the product.
Most freeware developers don't make any Profit from their Planes/scenery/Repaints e.t.c. So next time you download anything freeware and enjoy it, Make sure you send them an Email or get in contact with them saying thanks And keep up the good work. Cause that inspires them to continue improving. :)

And BTW always read and follow the EULA :P.

[center]Ren
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Re: Drop them a thanks next time.

Postby garryrussell » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 am

I'd just like to add something that many miss

Freeware might be free to the downloader, but it's not for the developer

With model making especially, manuals and books often have to be bought as well as some of the programmes used.

Also a computer of a much higher spec to handle all the number crunching rather than just for game-play.

It actually cost money to make something to give the community for free.

As well as the time of course ;)
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Xpand » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I'd just like to add something that many miss

With model making especially, manuals and books often have to be bought as well as some of the programmes used.
Also a computer of a much higher spec to handle all the number crunching rather than just for game-play.

Oh yeah... That is true indeed... Well, in my case, just the books... My PC is often outrun by the testers' PC... Actually, I came to a point where I my own planes make my pc go through a tough time while in FS with framerates of about 10 FPS....
Last edited by Xpand on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xpand
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 am

Which is why I completely adore you people :o. :D ;)
I hope one day I'll be able to design planes like you masters :-/
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:30 am

Which is why I completely adore you people :o. :D ;)
I hope one day I'll be able to design planes like you masters :-/

Ah!
Last edited by Club508 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Xpand » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Well, if you guys need help learning how to model you can always ask... For the basics you can use this tutorial:
http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/

Though you'll eventually create your own modeling style adapted to what you like to make the most. Mine started from this:
This one dates back to november 2007. I think this one of my earliest all animated planes that worked in FS9...
Not my first plane ever. That one I had it until a short time ago... I lost track of the gmax file... It was a cylinder with a cone as a nose and two squares on each side.
Last edited by Xpand on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xpand
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Club508 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Bah, i think I'll stick to the repainting and letting you guys do all the hard work! ;D
And good model!
Club508
Major
Major

Return to Contributor Feedback