Email info for Rob Richardson?

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Email info for Rob Richardson?

Postby LoftyCyborg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a way to contact Robert Richardson, who has designed several nice planes available here on the site. He didn't include an email address in the readme files of his planes that I have downloaded. If anyone knows how to reach him, please PM me or ask him to PM me.

Thanks!
LoftyCyborg
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Email info for Rob Richardson?

Postby Hagar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Rob is in touch with me. What was it you wanted to ask him? There will be
Last edited by pete on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LoftyCyborg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Pete,

Thanks for moving this post to where it should be. I wasn't sure where to start. I have another thread on here where I have been discussing with Hagar the VC gauges and their lack of clarity in Rob's DeHavilland Hornet F series planes, which I really love to fly. The nutshell of the thread is that I was hoping to find a way to modify or improve their appearance, to look more like the crystal clear gauges he used in the DH Vampire (which is a strikingly similar cockpit). I prefer to fly in VC (the Hornet doesn't even have any 2D panels anyway) and so I can't read some of the Hornet gauges while flying, such as the Heading Hold, Speed, and Altimeter, without having to zoom in very close to look at one of them.

Hagar helped me figure out that the VC is embedded in the MDL file, and therefore not really able to be changed at all by the user with a tool like FS Panel Studio (which I have purchased).

So, I was hoping to ask Rob if he might be interested in updating the VC in the Hornet to clarify the gauges, if that is possible? Based upon what I have researched on how MDL files are put together, I understand that it is possible he could not make them look any clearer than they are. If he isn't interested in re-visiting that plane's details I fully understand. But if it can be done and he would like to do it, I would be VERY appreciative! :) Do you know if he has a PayPal donation system in place? I would be happy to help support his efforts with a donation if it is possible to do so. I have tried out many twin engine add-on high-performance planes for FSX, and so far I have yet to find any as nice as his. It is a real joy to fly and is so smooth! And the power of those twin Merlins is just fantastic.

Please let me know what he says on this. Thanks!

P.S. I can fully appreciate why Rob might not want his email address floating around. I would not be inclined to let mine into the public eye either.  ;)
Last edited by LoftyCyborg on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoftyCyborg
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby LoftyCyborg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Hagar,

Hi. I just visited and read some of your Grumpy's Lair website. I noticed there is no date on the opening page, and you do not mention FSX anywhere. Didn't you get into FSX after FS 2004?
LoftyCyborg
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Hagar,

Hi. I just visited and read some of your Grumpy's Lair website. I noticed there is no date on the opening page, and you do not mention FSX anywhere. Didn't you get into FSX after FS 2004?

I haven't updated my Lair for a very long time. When FSX was first released I decided it was a step too far for me. Too many possible variables for anything but general advice.

FSX runs very well on my comparatively low-end machine. I use it mainly for troubleshooting purposes.
Last edited by Hagar on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby LoftyCyborg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

I see. Well it is still nice to have someone with your skills available and offering to help folks like me. Thanks!
LoftyCyborg
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Contributor Feedback