Re: One way to get designers to fix their own planes

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Postby Hagar » Mon May 19, 2008 4:12 pm

I always listen to you Doug , and finally I accept your Ideas due to your experience ,in fact If It wasn't for you ,I would become crazy ,remember when I get Mad ?(A long time ago) when I began to see the citation X and the b717 in all the web sites ,You told me I should be flattered (I never forget those words you were right),I never thank you for that ,

Yes, I remember. You can listen but be careful as I have my own strong opinions on this subject. Many would disagree with me. ;)

Thank you  :)

Don't mention it* old chap. :)

*That means "You're welcome".

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brett_Henderson » Mon May 19, 2008 6:03 pm

I've had a mix of experiences with people modifying my work.. good and bad. More times than not, my permission is just a formality. I'd not bother to say no, because you can't stop them, anyway.

I've only said "no" twice, and both times my wishes were honored. One was for the FS2004 Cessna 210. Someone wanted to upload an improvement to the flight dynamics. He politely explained how he thought they were wrong.. and I politely told him that I built and based the dynamics on my, real-world 210 time. The other was a repaint for the FSX Cardinal. The repaint itself was very nice... but without access to a "paint kit", he couldn't replicate the same shine, chrome, spectral effect. It was a tricky mix of alphas (for both the main texture bitmap. and the spec bit map. The result was not only less "shine", but an actual blurring of details like the rivets and cooling fins on the cylinders. When I showed him a side-by-side screenshot, he agreed. I offered to give him the PaintShop layered file, but he didn't want to mess with learning FSX/SDK texturing.

Since then, I've seen a few repaints posted that I would not have approved, but I didn't bother contacting the poster..
Brett_Henderson
Major
Major

Postby Groundbound1 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:32 pm

COPY RIGHTS

Most of the aircraft that do have one are expired and as a not just because you claim " copy right " doesn't mean squat unless you
purchase one and go through the pending process , at which
99.99% of all freeware have not done. Even then most of these
older files have expired copy rights which no longer protect them.

Just a little info about US copyright laws:

"[glow=yellow,2,300]Do I have to register with your office to be protected?[/glow]
No. In general, registration is voluntary. [glow=yellow,2,300]Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. [/glow]You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work."

Lawfully copied from this link:

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-g ... tml#mywork
Last edited by Groundbound1 on Wed May 21, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby garryrussell » Wed May 21, 2008 6:47 pm

UK law is similar

Also I don't see how the older aircraft have expired

Check this out

http://www.is4profit.com/business-advic ... cts_3.html
Last edited by garryrussell on Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Alejandro Rhodes » Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 pm

what is your problem dude ? You have something against designers Looks like you hate them,..

you can't do what you want , are you blind? can you see your causing here is people feel anger about you..your acting like a perfect troll

What do you really want ? what are your intentions here ?
Alejandro Rhodes
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Groundbound1 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Do I think those designers requested copyright permissions from those companies, no, probably not. And if those corporations wanted to pursue it, they might be able to bring legal action.

However, we aren't talking about designers using logos or model designs of multi million dollar corporations, we're talking about taking and changing someone elses freeware files, that they developed and published out of the kindness of there own hearts, so that the flight sim community as a whole can enjoy them, and doing so without permission. It would be a big slap in the face to me, if someone were to take my freeware aircraft, that I had spent months of MY OWN time to make, and decide to start changing it and re-upload it somewhere without asking me first. As if to say "Nice try, let me see if I can take this P.O.S. of your's and make it worth my time."

I'm sure most designers wouldn't mind having their work improved upon, but to do it without permission is just plain disrespectful.
Last edited by Groundbound1 on Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby Dickert » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Interesting thread.
I am new to the whole Flight Sim thing.  I got enough flying for a living (Capt on F-28 and then CRJ), and never thought to play with pretend aircraft in my time off.  Then I was on med leave for four years (broken back), and thought of using Flight Sim as a training aid.  The version of the CRJ that I happened to come across just had the generic cockpit and was useless.  I next happened across the BD-5J simulation designed by K. Johnson.  That aircraft was the coolest thing going when I was learning to fly.  OK
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Contributor Feedback