Note to designers...

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Note to designers...

Postby Boss_BlueAngels » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:27 pm

The largest complaint I have with regard to both freeware and payware aircraft has largely to do with roll rate.  In real life when you roll an aircraft, it obviously begins to roll. But as soon as those ailerons are back to neutral, the rolling motion STOPS.  IT doesn't keep going for another 5-10 degrees... it stops as soon as that stick (or yoke) is neutral.  Perhaps in a 35,000 lb jet roll inertia can be more visible, but certainly not in anything like an Extra 300 or Decathlon.  All you have to do is go to Youtube and do a few quick searches and find some external vies to see how precise the aileron movements are and how instantly they cause the aircraft to move or stop moving.  There is no to very little counter aileron to stop a quick roll rate.

Now having said that, this may be one of those weird quirks that MSFS has built in, such as it's lack of the ability to naturally spin an aircraft.  Also, I really don't have any complaints with the freeware and payware aircraft I have.  They are wonderful works of art and I was just pointing this out as another way to make things more realistic.  However, the topic I mention I have never seen fixed in any models.
The day is always better when you're flying upside down.

www.fight2flyphoto.com

Canon RebelXT
Canon 18-55mm
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-6.3
Sigma 100-300mm F/4-6.3
Sigma 50-500mm F/4-6.3
Boss_BlueAngels
Captain
Captain

Re: Note to designers...

Postby Felix/FFDS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 am

An interesting observation, which I had not noticed before!
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Note to designers...

Postby Boss_BlueAngels » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Yeah, it's one of those things you don't really notice until you try to do a point roll. lol  Then when you notice it begins to really bug you. lol  
The day is always better when you're flying upside down.

www.fight2flyphoto.com

Canon RebelXT
Canon 18-55mm
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-6.3
Sigma 100-300mm F/4-6.3
Sigma 50-500mm F/4-6.3
Boss_BlueAngels
Captain
Captain

Return to Contributor Feedback