Freeware Cardinal

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Freeware Cardinal

Postby macca22au » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:02 am

Brett:  is that very nice freeware Cardinal (C177) your work?

If it is, great job.  The flight dynamics are really good, including the need for a lot of rudder at times.

Small point.  The gauges are great, but in 3D cockpit the panel background does not resolve well. Otherwise a really good add-on, better than many payware GA planes.
macca22au
Captain
Captain

Re: Freeware Cardinal

Postby Brett_Henderson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Sorry..   :-[   I don't check this part of the forum often..

Yes, that's my Cardinal..  glad you like it  :)

I know the panel is a little fuzzy.. I messed around with that for a while.. Believe it or not; photo sharp looked even worse. At some point you just have to move on or you'll never finish these things..

Thanks for the kind review...   :)
Brett_Henderson
Major
Major

Postby LeFeaoux » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Yep ... this Cardinal IS a very nice piece of work Brett! I love flying it! LMAO, I just have to remember to drop the gear when I land (not used to having an RG Cessna). I made a nice "belly landing" with it the other day ... it didn't even set-off the crash alert when I did it. It did stop my engine cold though ... lolol.

Keep up the great work!
LeFeaoux
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Brett_Henderson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:59 pm

LOL.. you're in good company. The real owner of that real Cardinal landed gear up the VERY first flight after buying it and giving it a brand new engine.. WITH his instructor onboard :o

It was never the same after that...  I had to use the emergency pump to get the gear down over Indiana, in July, 2006...
Brett_Henderson
Major
Major

Postby LeFeaoux » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:27 pm

LOL.. you're in good company. The real owner of that real Cardinal landed gear up the VERY first flight after buying it and giving it a brand new engine.. WITH his instructor onboard :o

It was never the same after that...  I had to use the emergency pump to get the gear down over Indiana, in July, 2006...

:o LOLOLOL.

LOL, that is no fun ... I had to crank-down the gear on a Seneca once when I was on a flight with an instructor and his student. LMAO, I thought my arm was going to fall-off!

I have heard of guys landing gear-up somewhat often and even seen it happen a couple of times. Once here in El Paso while I was working at the flight school, some guy landed a twin (can't remember what it was) gear-up right on their newly re-paved 8R and tore the new runway to shreds. MAN, was he in a LOT of trouble!
LeFeaoux
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Contributor Feedback