Big Thanks to Lamont Clark for aicarrier2!!!!

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Big Thanks to Lamont Clark for aicarrier2!!!!

Postby Flappy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Just like to take moment or so of everyone's time to thank Mr. Clark profusely for making this handy liitle app. In case you aren't familiar with it it allows you to place the carrier (or group) at varying distances from your plane in free flight. It also allows you to spawn them in at designated co-ordinates on the map. It is available here in the "scenery" section for FSX.
   I'm sure I wasn't alone in being dissapointed in the way MS implemented them in game and was getting tired of going to a specific location at a specific time to get the carriers. The alternative being to import them into the scenery file with aicarrier which led to some really "interesting" results at Norfolk on Friday at right around 1500 ::)
   At any rate sorry to drift off-topic there as it were, just wanted to let Mr. Clark know how very much I enjoy his little file. You've definately made the purchase of the acceleration pack worth it for me at any rate. (YMMV of course)

Oops.....just noticed that it was linked to off Phil's site so sorry if everyone considers this redundant.
Last edited by Flappy on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flappy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Big Thanks to Lamont Clark for aicarrier2!!!!

Postby Camel_Moe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:06 am

I'll second the above.

I did the included tutorial mission about 3 times before I had a PTSD induced rage episode at having to listen to the narrator explain everything over, and then make me go through the whole pattern again, lol.   ;D

Then I didn't touch the f-18, or the carrier for a couple of days or so until I found AIcarrier2.zip.  It's much more fun for me to be able to dictate when and where the carrier appears and use it without seeing "Mission failed" every time I don't live up to the sims expectations.

My cats also wish to thank Mr. Clark also, has they are now able to sleep much more peacefully without my loud cursing at the narrator.

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Contributor Feedback