Concorde Rules Airliners

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Concorde Rules Airliners

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:52 pm

I just took my maiden flight in the SST Concorde and it was awesome. Landing it however was kind of ackward because I noticed that during taxi, take off, and landings the aircraft has a tendacy to want to shift direction while moving.

Is this a normal quirk or is this something that needs to be  corrected. I mean all in all this is an awesome aircraft. it handles real well in the sky at 40,000 feet doing 1,400 kias and not losing control while in overspeed. I haven't intrusted the autopilot to it yet. Just took it up for the first time to get a feel of its flight dynamics. But it is definately  a keeper! Wonder why M$ gave the concorde the boot? Well this is definately a vintage aircraft to have in your hanger!

What's in you hanger?  ;) ;) JK anyhow I give the SST Concorde two thumbs up. I can deal with the take offs and landings. Flying this bird is what makes it fun!
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Re: Concorde Rules Airliners

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:54 am

It been a while since I updated comments in here. So here it goes. Although I don't fly the concorde as much, it is still one of my favorites to fly. I only bring her out of the hanger for those 400nm+ flights. I have been enjoying flying her for some time now and have gotten used to how she handles.

You definately need to maintain atleast 240kias while making your final to keep her on a straight course. Slow speeds cause her to yaw off track. Just because I don't fly her that much doesn't mean I have lost love for her. She is my go to aircraft for those LONG HAUL flights! The 747 got retired when it came to that job! ;D
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby town » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:27 am

Have you been to visit Concorde on the Intrepid?

Shop at SKYSIM.CO.UK
town
Captain
Captain

Postby Bpilot0 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 pm

2 days left till i got see concorde in filton!
Bpilot0

Postby concordepilot » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:14 am

[quote]I just took my maiden flight in the SST Concorde and it was awesome. Landing it however was kind of ackward because I noticed that during taxi, take off, and landings the aircraft has a tendacy to want to shift direction while moving.

Is this a normal quirk or is this something that needs to be
concordepilot

Postby simonmd » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Actualy, he's refering to the SST Sim Concorde. A Payware package.
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby Cessna93 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 am

I just took my maiden flight in the SST Concorde and it was awesome. Landing it however was kind of ackward because I noticed that during taxi, take off, and landings the aircraft has a tendacy to want to shift direction while moving.

Is this a normal quirk or is this something that needs to be  corrected. I mean all in all this is an awesome aircraft. it handles real well in the sky at 40,000 feet doing 1,400 kias and not losing control while in overspeed. I haven't intrusted the autopilot to it yet. Just took it up for the first time to get a feel of its flight dynamics. But it is definately  a keeper! Wonder why M$ gave the concorde the boot? Well this is definately a vintage aircraft to have in your hanger!

What's in you hanger?  ;) ;) JK anyhow I give the SST Concorde two thumbs up. I can deal with the take offs and landings. Flying this bird is what makes it fun!

I think it is a good bird to fly and I never have problems in the every few time I flew her, very easy to land in my hands and eyes. (on FS speaking)
Last edited by Cessna93 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cessna93
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ScottDiamond » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:18 am

Anyone know where i can get my hands of a freeware concorde? =D
ScottDiamond
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Kaworu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:02 am

FsFrance Project Mach 2 is a good Concorde. Fun to fly.
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.6ghz, 4gb RAM, Palit GTX 460 1 gb, OCZ 750W, Windows 7 64bit
Kaworu
Captain
Captain

Return to Contributor Feedback