**Thanks birdman! (Sheffield scenery)**

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

**Thanks birdman! (Sheffield scenery)**

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi,

You might know that birdman has created a scenery for Sheffield airport, well i think its brilliant and here is my review;

I have tried this scenery and what can i say. **amazing** its exactly like the one at Sheffield. Well done. I spent a good half hour exploring it, and its a much improved version than the Fs9 one. I Like the scenery, The cars and especially the working hangars are brilliant and add's to the atosphere of flying. there is no bad points at all i dont think and everything is up to top notch. Continue making great free ware! I live approx. 10-15mins away from the airport and it actually used to be pretty busy, but i think its just ready to be completey closed down, i mean who wants to fly to sheffield. And there's the new Doncaster/sheffield airport opening, so basically its got no chance!!!

**If birdman can supply the link for others to download that would be brill!**

Thanks, As always

Jimbo
..Jimbo's Tours, MORE info in the MULTIPLAYER SECTION
Jimbo
Major
Major

Re: **Thanks birdman! (Sheffield scenery)**

Postby commoner » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:54 pm

...mmm....I'd like to see it too living only a few miles from Sheffied, but as you say..what use is it?....commoner
Last edited by commoner on Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:57 pm

I dont no wheather its closed down or not, im sure i saw a small cesna flying about near there the other week. Might just be me of course. Well who cares its a great scenery download! Maybe someone could do an estimated sheffield/doncaster airport scenery???

Thanks jimbo
Jimbo
Major
Major

Postby commoner » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:04 pm

I dont no wheather its closed down or not, im sure i saw a small cesna flying about near there the other week. Might just be me of course. Well who cares its a great scenery download! Maybe someone could do an estimated sheffield/doncaster airport scenery???

Thanks jimbo

...I'll second and third that Jimbo....going to Jersey from Donny in May.....really would LOVE that airport scenery..no good at it myself so will have to BEG someone to take it on..Any takers?..PLEASE!...commoner
Last edited by commoner on Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:11 pm

commoner have you seen the airport yet? I just wondered if it was actually looking like an airport more! ;) well last time i saw it was last summer and all the taxi ways were smashed up and you easy gain entry. dont know bout now eh!
Im going from donny an' all in october to Malaga, should be better than trecking to Manchester!!! Man i hate that snake pass

Thanks

Jimbo
Jimbo
Major
Major

Postby bm » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:19 pm

Sounds like I chose the wrong airport!!!! How can they close an airport that looks so pretty!

...I'll second and third that Jimbo....going to Jersey from Donny in May.....really would LOVE that airport scenery..no good at it myself so will have to BEG someone to take it on..Any takers?..PLEASE!...commoner

Theres a pic here taken on the 13th of January -
http://ukga.com/aerodrome/view.cfm?aerodromeId=1176

When is the scheduled opening date? If enough pics come my way after that you never know......

Thanks Jimbo ;)
Last edited by bm on Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bm
Major
Major

Postby commoner » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:19 pm

..Not seen it since I last flew in the RC soaring Nats almost 30 years ago...sure to have changed a bit ;D  See the link to Sheff in my last entry?..thanks for the heads up. ....commoner. ;)

PS I live about 8 miles south of Sheffield (Hoyland) 14 miles from Donny......used to trek to Luton for Easyjet to Zurich a lot till they pulled the plug. Now Manchester or Liverpool via Woodhead....see yah...commoner. ;)
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:22 pm

Is that a big runway? i cant really notice, well it looks it. Can a 747-400 take off from there you reckon?
And thanks for the photos birdy, now it looks like an airport, not a building site!

Jimbo
Last edited by Jimbo on Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo
Major
Major

: **Thanks birdman! (Sheffield scenery)**

Postby commoner » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:33 pm

Birdman ....that sounds promising...Wow for us guys it would really be something ...BTW I now have the your Sheffield scenery and am using it as my base as from now. Them Chopper Coppers better move out and quick
Last edited by commoner on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
commoner
Major
Major

Postby jb2_86_uk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:23 pm

wow, never realised so many people in here were from sheffield! good on you lads (hope there are sum blades amongst you) Sheffield airport is currently open to private flyers (and the blasted chopper copper) I happen to work (part-time thank god) in a popular supermarket right underneath the flight path about 1/4 mile from the thresh-hold and from the canteen you are forever seeing cessnas aiming straight at you while you sup yor tea making a 15min break last 25.

John
Want a custom repaint? Look no further!
http://www.jbhanger.com
New! Newbie Painting Tutorials!
jb2_86_uk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby GWSimulations » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:24 pm

Brilliant scenery.
GW_Simulations
http://www.freewebtown.com/gwsimulations
Founder & President, Advanced UK Scenery Project (AUKSP)
http://www.ukscenerydesign.co.uk/auksp
Classic Aviation
http://classicaviation.12.forumer.com/index.php

*S
GWSimulations
Captain
Captain

Postby Bombardier101 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 am

Brilliant scenery.

Perfectos ;D
Need a DP for your new aircraft? PM me for one!

My CFS2 Addons

Schleswig WW2 Base Scenery: http://www.simviation.com/cfs2scenery16.htm
IJN Bomber Force Campaign http://www.simviation.com/cfs2missions22.htm
WW&C France WW1 S
Bombardier101
Captain
Captain

Return to Contributor Feedback