Thanks to Massimo Altieri for XB-70, for Dad

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Thanks to Massimo Altieri for XB-70, for Dad

Postby Rudderbutt » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:12 am

I don't know how to contact Mr. Massimo Altieri directly, so I will address my thanks to him in this public forum.
I recently stumbled across his XB-70 available on this site.
I was thrilled because my father was one of the lead designers of that aircraft.  
I remember sitting on my father's shoulders at the roll-out ceremony and seeing those huge doors slowly open and that great white bird emerge.  It is an image still etched in my memory.
I also remember the day one crashed.  It was felt as a deep personal loss in our household.  It was like one of the family died.
I have always loved airplanes because of my Dad.  Although I have never learned to fly in real life, the flight sim world has gotten me as close to a real cockpit as I probably ever will.  
I can't begin to describe to forum members, or Mr. Altieri my delight and grattitude in sitting at my computer and flying the XB-70 across Nevada at mach 3!!!  (now, how do I land this thing??)
Thank you Massimo Altieri!!
My father passed away some time ago before the time of personal computers, much less home simulators.  I wish he had lived to see this day!  Thank you again.

Rudderbutt
Rudderbutt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Thanks to Massimo Altieri for XB-70, for Dad

Postby Scott_McCloud » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:53 am

;D
Last edited by Scott_McCloud on Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott_McCloud
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Thanks to Massimo Altieri for XB-70, for Dad

Postby Lonewolfeee1 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:27 am

Rudderbutt,   I have an e-mail addy for Massimo if you would still like it.  It was awesome that you were there at the role out ceremony for the XB.  What a sight it must have been.  I really like the job Massimo did as well.  I contacted him about changing some things on it after I downloaded it and he made the afterburner effects for it.  It was simply too beautiful and too fast not to have them on it.  Anyways I saw your post and wanted to help if I could.      
Lonewolfeee1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Contributor Feedback