Chris evan's planes not working in fsx?

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Chris evan's planes not working in fsx?

Postby Pomeranian » Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 pm

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I couldn't find anywhere else.

I downloaded a few of chris evan's planes today that are supposed to work on p3d and fsx, (a320 easyjet, a319 easyjet, md-11 ups, md-11 fedex) but I ran into issues with all of them,
For the a320 and a319 the VC's only seemed to work when I was facing backwards and would completely disappear when I looked forward.
And with the md-11s' there wasn't any texture it was just white and the VC was just white aswell.
The only mod I have installed is FSUIPC, and I don't know what else could be effecting it.
Pomeranian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Chris evan's planes not working in fsx?

Postby pete » Fri May 19, 2017 4:35 am

Hi

I rarely run FSX these days but fired it up. I usually use P3D.

Just tried the MD-11 - both 2 at the top including the UPS and found the VC OK in my FSX.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... 11&x=0&y=0

I also tried the Easyjet A320 in FSX and also found the problem you mention. I tried it in P3D and the VC was fine.
I will see if I can find a solution. It could be that the A320 internal model or some gauge is causing a problem in FSX.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cevans » Fri May 19, 2017 5:31 am

I admit I only use Prepar3D now but previously I always found my updates and mods did work in both FSXA and P3D.

I will look at this and see if I can find a fix for the A320. I am sure that my earlier updates did work (100%) as I used to only use FSX and I have been modifying panels and tweaking aircraft for many years. It must be something I added quite recently which is not compatible which makes certain models not work properly in FSX.
I'll get back
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Pomeranian » Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 pm

The issue of the no textures was because I had dx10 enabled, that fixed it.
Thanks for responding and working on a fix for the airbus' though, it's appreciated.
Pomeranian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 am

Chris has done great work for our pleasure. Thanks Chris for all you do for us simmers!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Not sure if this is right place but the recent Embraer FedEx plane (at least this one...might be more) works great, loos great from external and flight dynamics side but the cockpit is all black - can see gauges and looking outside of the VC to wings same thing...but any other view from outside is perfect. Thoughts on how to fix? (P3Dv4)

gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:50 am

Hi I never upload an aircraft without fully testing and this is what I see in that very aircraft.

Your problem must be the texture.cfg file inside the Texture.fedex folder and how your setup reads such files.

Right click the folder of your aircraft and make sure under Properties \ Security that all files are as this shot

It WILL be something very simple to resolve

Another quick fix option is to copy the contents of the 'textures' folder into the 'Textures.fedex' (etc) folder. (The contents of the 'textures' folder are shared)
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 am

Sorry no idea why the textures are missing, but I love the sky in your shot, is that standard P3D V4 or an addon.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby gregj » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 am

Shadowcaster wrote:Sorry no idea why the textures are missing, but I love the sky in your shot, is that standard P3D V4 or an addon.

Cheers
Rich

Thanks - P3Dv4 - Dawn - PAKT - PTA and Thopat's Preset, and Active Sky - live weather
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 am

gregj wrote:
Shadowcaster wrote:Sorry no idea why the textures are missing, but I love the sky in your shot, is that standard P3D V4 or an addon.

Cheers
Rich

Thanks - P3Dv4 - Dawn - PAKT - PTA and Thopat's Preset, and Active Sky - live weather

Thanks for that it looks great.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby gregj » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 am

cevans wrote:Hi I never upload an aircraft without fully testing and this is what I see in that very aircraft.

It WILL be something very simple to resolve

Another quick fix option is to copy the contents of the 'textures' folder into the 'Textures.fedex' (etc) folder. (The contents of the 'textures' folder are shared)

Resolved - Generally I use AddIt Pro to install planes and scenery - and mostly it works well. However, it seems in this case something was missed...not sure how - so I manually installed all four Embraer 120 and they work fine. Have always appreciated your efforts towards the sim community! Much appreciated.
[glow]
Requests taken? Could you get a Dash 8 Q 400 working for us freeware users?
[/glow]
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Contributor Feedback