Benoit Dube

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Benoit Dube

Postby pete » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:12 pm

I received this email today: Sad news.

------------------------

For all of you who know Benoît Dubé,

My name is Marc-Alexandre Dubé, I am the eldest son of Benoît Dubé.

Benoît passed away at 19:05, December 26th, 2014, at Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal hospital. He died in peace, surrounded by his wife, his sons, his brothers and sisters and other member of his family.

Benoît will be expose friday at La Maison Darche, 505 Curé-Poirier Ouest in Longueuil, January 2nd, from 14:00 to 17:00 and from 19:00 to 22:00, and saturday, January 3rd, from 10:00 am. The funeral will be held on saturday, January 3rd, at 13:30, at cocathédrale Saint-Antoine-de-Padoue, at the angle of St-Charles and Chemin de Chambly, Longueuil.

------------------------
Benoit was one of the great FS designers and top class for many years. He will be sorely missed.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=17&y=10
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Benoit Dube

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Sad news indeed. His contributions to our hobby were
Very great.

RIP.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Re: Benoit Dube

Postby jcj78 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:47 am

I didn't recognize the name at first, but I searched and saw he had credits on lots of airplanes i've enjoyed. TBM700, ALPHA BLEU CIEL Corsair, CL-215 all have been my default flight plane at one time or another.

Seem like they are falling like dominoes here lately. Makes me feel guilty that I don't really appreciate designers' work until they are eulogized.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Contributor Feedback