Bad gauge?..AIMap

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Bad gauge?..AIMap

Postby stephan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 am

I have NO idea what the problem is.It happened when I had FS2002 and now,I put it in my panel for my default 747 in FS2004,and the same results.What I speak of is the gauge, 'AIMap' '. When I install it on a panel,and start the sim,it crashes if the ac with the gauge is used as my default start-up scenario. If I use a different ac,and start the game,all is fine...until I swap ac and bring my 747. Crashes the sim. THEN...I went to my panel,and changed it so the gau is hidden until I click a switch ( gauge, JS xxxx) .Immediately,it crashes the game.The only reason I have made several attempts to use the gauge is that in FS2002,I DID find a way to use it,but I forgot how.Been quite a while. I fly using a full screen.If I have to fly with the screen NOT in full screen mode,I'll yank the gauge anyway.So...has any one have a clue what the problem may be? PS...when the game crashes,I get an error on ' language.dll ' So,again,the gauge is AIMap.gau .Thanks
stephan

Re: Bad gauge?..AIMap

Postby Capt_Cronic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

do you have fsuipc installed ?
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 am

Yep. Sure do.something like 3.7 or 3.8 . Registered.
stephan

Postby stephan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:30 pm

OK...from what I have been able to find on the net,the AIMap doesnt work or doesnt work well with FS9. In a nutshell,those that commented on the problem said that AIMap isnt worth the trouble to get to work in FS9. One has several steps to go thru before the thing would even possibly work without crashing the flight you are wanting to set up.They said there are many other gauges available that DO work without all the problems AIMap brings to FS9.This is unfortunate,since AIMap,when you can get it to work,even in FS2002,has some nice features,including the fact that even though small in size,the readouts are quite readable,unlike some available for FS9,which,when brought down to a usable size on a panel,the writing is almost impossible to read. Such is luck.// One other thing.As far as support or Q&A to the AIMap author/designer...they say he is no longer reachable.So,if you have AIMap,and have problems,forget contacting the designer.He's seemingly out of contact with the sim world.
stephan

Return to Contributor Feedback