Great FREEWARE Aircraft / Check this Designer out !

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Great FREEWARE Aircraft / Check this Designer out !

Postby Jetranger » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:26 am

Hey, Sim Pilots, I stumbled across this Designers web site by Accident, check out some of his FREEWARE Highly detailed Aircrafts,,

both Jets and propliners and scenery !

somebody was on Simivation looking for an F-104 not to long ago ????

These are mainly British FREEWARE Aircraft !!!

Check em' out !

FREEWARE Link : http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Great FREEWARE Aircraft / Check this Designer out !

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:59 am

Thanks, Jetranger.

That's a very good selection of planes. Many of which I haven't seen before..

Bookmarked & downloaded.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Prii » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 am

I sure do look forward to his W.I.P. Cessna 310!
Prii
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 am

Just now finding time to Inject some of these Great Super Detailed FREEWARE Fighter Jets and props.

But, i'm also slightly confused with the F-104 installation,,,,

would somebody like to take a look at it,, and in a tad bit more detail,, explain where the other files go ????

in particular the F-104,, the screen shot looks totally awsum and well detailed.

I'll try to mess with the other files,,, maybe????

theres isn't much of a read me file to explain,,, what to do with those other folders tho ???

go have a looksy,, you won't be disappointed !!!!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 am

okie dokie - I think I Solved my own problem,,, hopewfully

just had to make the Text more readable, and Space the sentences apart to be ,more readable, so I could get to the important parts !

it was all crammed together hard to read.

*** The Convair F 106 A Delta Dart has been compiled for Microsoft Flight Simulator X acceleration.

It will work well in Lockheed Martin Prepar3D ( compiled using P3D SDK )but requires the FA-18 to be installed also ( gauge and sounds )

This is my impression of that incredible aircraft and may not be accurate.

A number of liberties have been taken with things like gauges, switches and general layout, to suit not only FSX but also myself.

The FSX radar has been incorporated into the tactical display and the controls for this will appear by pressing Shift/4.

The intercept scope initially displays the FA-18 hud but by pressing the green button, marked RADAR, all the buttons to control it will be shown.( controls are the same as FA-18 but in a different order )

The missile bay doors are controlled by the redundant flap key and the AIM-4’s and the optical gunsight in front of the cockpit will show.

The braking chute is controlled by the spoiler key/

The external fuel tanks can be removed by pressing a knob on the R/H instrument panel.

The yoke can be removed, to get a better view of the radar, by pressing the knob to the right of the tactical radar display.

The smoke effect "fx_Sea_Venom_Smoke" goes into the main effects folder and the droppable AIM-1 goes into the SimObjects, Misc folder.

The landing speed of the real thing was “eye wateringly” high! It needs a LOT of runway!

The approach was made at around 200kts with the airbrake open, keep an eye on the angle of attack ribbon, far left of the vertical gauges, keep it out of the red.

The acceleration from a standstill is good but a speed of 165kts is required before it gets airborne.

Once in the air you need to throttle back to 45% power or you’ll be supersonic in the blink of an eye.

The F 106, without the weight of external tanks, could climb at an astonishing 52,000ft a minute.

To this day It still holds the jet aircraft single engine speed record at 1,525.93mph achieved on the 15th December 1959.

Although this model has been made to the very best of my ability its shortcomings will be evident,There are many systems and functions that are way beyond my
understanding and expertise and have not been modelled, if you like it I would love to hear from you, if, on the other hand you do not, please keep it to yourself..***

Think I have all the files right where there supposed to go,,,, all except that 1 - Save Game file, which I take as some kinda mission if ya want that , as an option ???

I ended up putting the F-106 Traffic BGL File in the World Scenery folder with the rest of the traffic BGL's,,,, ????

is that right ????? ( me Dunno' - but I tink I did right ?? )

Awsum FREEWARE Aircrafts tho,,, WOW !
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:06 am

Just stumbled over this now :D
Thanks Jet.
That Cessna 310 i wanna have a closer look at ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Wonderful selection: Cessna 310 and Beagle Basset.....!

Got them both in my Hangar now!

Virtual Cockpits...(no 2D)...lovely models.

They both fly wonderfully, with fantastic sound sets!

Beagle Basset at Byron Airfield C83...>>>

FSX:

Paul.... :mrgreen:...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flacke » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Fozzer wrote:Wonderful selection: Cessna 310 and Beagle Basset.....!

Got them both in my Hangar now!

Virtual Cockpits...(no 2D)...lovely models.

They both fly wonderfully, with fantastic sound sets!

Beagle Basset at Byron Airfield C83...>>>

FSX:

Paul.... :mrgreen:...!

YEs its great to share download sites. I have downloaded the Vampire and the Cessna 310. I will dnld the Beagle next. I can't wait to fly them and hear those great sounds on the C310. More downloads to come for sure.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 am

That sound is extra ordinary GOOD :clap:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby boromir125 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the tip...Now have the Cessna and Beagle checked out and ready to fly...
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mustangaroo » Sun May 04, 2014 11:08 pm

I have to give this fella lots of credit for his work. I would like to see more in the future but I wonder how much free stuff he can afford to donate. Eye candy and smooth frame rates rarely work hand in hand unless a person has the very best processors and over 16 gig of memory. I did try using a flash drive for caching but even those ran into overheating issues. :think:
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:15 pm

I have several of his jets including the de Havilland Sea Vampire and Sea Venom, Supermarine Attacker FB2, Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF11, NF14, Gloster Meteor Mk 8 and PR Mk10. They are all very, very well done and great to fly. I've done a lot of "traps" aboard the Ark Royal and Victorious with the Sea Venom. What an absolute blast! You all have to try his stuff out for yourselves.

Now if I could just get him to do a tail dragger AEW version of the Shack... :pray:

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:06 am

Hey, that Cessna 310Q is a really good model, gotta love those seats in that Aircraft !!!

Actually a really nice aircraft to fly !

all kinds of Extra Paints for it too here in Simviation

Paints : http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=310&categoryId=&page=1&filename=

Freeware Cessna 310Q : http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page4.html

Certified & Verified, that it works in FSX Gold / Acceleration :dance:

De' Jetranger' !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0BDH_UEc88[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Contributor Feedback