Hopefully Chris Evans might read

Positive feedback is what drives on any designer, repainter or contributor to create more & better. If you enjoy a download - please tell the contributors you like their work!

Hopefully Chris Evans might read

Postby dcmair » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 pm

This man/guy/person is unbelievable, as too the amount of work he puts out for us to use, peruse, and play with. I have been downloading some of the L-1011s that he has come forth with.
With the Thomas Ruth panels. If there is some way he could give us a lesson, tutorial, class or whatever you call it on how to add lights to the planes so that you can see the runway. I was flying a L1011 just before sunset and the cockpit/panel was almost so dark that you could not discern the main instruments. No lights on the panel til the sun went down. And I would ask him
in the class how could you make three positions of lights for the cockpit panel. Yes I tried everything. I know how to get around in the panel file, but what numbers do what. I like the latest plane that came out with the separate Autopilot. I have been using the Alrot Autopilot on most of the Ruth Panels, as they are easy to manipulate the airplane.
Thanx

dcmair
dcmair
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Hopefully Chris Evans might read

Postby zeus981 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:23 am

My understanding is that altering panel coding can have no effect on runway lighting i.e. ability to see the runway at night under landing lights and that this feature is determined by the coding built into the aircraft by the plane creator and if they haven't made the runway very visible (quite common for some reason) then no add-ons can do anything about it. ... some-one can correct me it i'm wrong..
zeus981
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 am

Hi
I have a bit of an obsession with the number of real world aircraft that are not represented in the FSX/P3D freeware world. I also remember what a PIA it used to be trying to find the correct models for textures, etc, files that I actually gave up my interest in Flight Sim for about 2 years. Nothing more annoying that adding a plane you have assembled then waiting for FSX to load up and you see a chrome fuselage. 'AHHHHRRRR … shee itt!'
So I built a large collection of base models etc and made a long list of cfg entries etc (many pages) for fixing wheel levels, views, etc. Then I decided to post my own assembled packs with and saw that they got good interest so I began to post more of my little collection of about 200 addons in my old FSX. Checking each one again to make sure it worked.
As for vc lighting. I never really fly night but it is something I will watch for. There are night VC textures for some and it's something I will look into. I also think Zeus above is correct about the model.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:44 am

Thanks Chris for all you have done for all of our flight sim benefit!!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ReggieC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 am

Mr. Evans,