FS Design Studio Saving Files

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

FS Design Studio Saving Files

Postby guppy1979 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:02 pm

When my files are saved in FS Design Studio V3.5, they are saving as read-only.  So when I go to find them outside of FS Design Studio I cannot find them.  I try showing hidden files and they still do not show up.  Even the aircraft model that is saved after compiling does not show up in the FS9 aircraft folder.  This is a problem when I go to FSedit and the aircraft is read-only and I can't change flight dynamics. 
guppy1979
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FS Design Studio Saving Files

Postby Dickert » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 am

You must be using Window 7!  I had the same problem.  It is the new file system (I forget what they call it now).  It does not like old softwear and will not show the files unless you go back to open them with the same program you saved them with.  For example, the Win 7 file system would not show BMP files I needed to open with DXTBmp, that had been saved using Paint Shop Pro.  I had to save everything to a stick to be able to use the files.  Read Win 7 sucks!  I actually went back to XP and am still using that program.  I also found both FS9 and FSX ran better in XP anyway. Win 7 suck big time.
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:06 am

Have you tried putting Win7 in XP mode and running it?
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pete » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:02 am

Where is FSDS installed?

Anything installed in Program files (x86) is protected by default! I find it So irritating but have got used to working on files outside that folder then copying them accross after deleting the originals (you can't over-write either)

There is a workaround for this - but I find I have got used to making sure I install programs in other unprotected folders.

You might want to try installing it into another folder and move all your files there.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design