aircraft making.

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

aircraft making.

Postby smeely » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 am

i have got a tutorial on how to make planes in gmax... still have a long way to go with that... but i was wondering if there was a way of using google sketchup instead of gmax?

and i am still interested in more tutorials, too.  :P
You never know what other places/countries are like untill you travel there. More people should get out of their home contries, just so they can understand/know more of/about the world
smeely
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: aircraft making.

Postby garryrussell » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:51 am

If you want to do it properly, forget sketchup :o

Use Gmax or FSDS :)

Some aircraft have been done in sketchup but they are only low res and suitable for scenery items.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby smeely » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:44 pm

ok... fsds isn't free, right? now i have to work out how to use gmax... where all the tools are and watnot... :D
You never know what other places/countries are like untill you travel there. More people should get out of their home contries, just so they can understand/know more of/about the world
smeely
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm

ok... fsds isn't free, right? now i have to work out how to use gmax... where all the tools are and watnot... :D

The answer to that is "everywhere."  ;D Once you learn GMax, you will not be sorry that you took the time to learn it. So much quicker to do things in it than in FSDS.  :o
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby smeely » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 pm

ummmhmmm... i need more tutorials. i got the stupid idiots guide to gmax, could i have links for more tutorials?
smeely
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 pm

http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/

This one is for FS2004, but the modeling concepts apply to FSX as well.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 pm

I am also trying To learn so maybe in a few years i Can give Alrot, Pairbus and Enigmasim a run for their (Not?) money. YEAH Right. like that will ever happen ;). But really, it would be nice to learn how to make them.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm

I am also trying To learn so maybe in a few years i Can give Alrot, Pairbus and Enigmasim a run for their (Not?) money. YEAH Right. like that will ever happen ;). But really, it would be nice to learn how to make them.

Its easy when you want , c'mon and give it a try ,we are here to assist you  ;)

Alex

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby smeely » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:56 pm

cool, getting to work on thatone... it has a lot more info on where to get the tools needed... i haven't figured out how to put a image in the background, or how to make he cross sections... getting there
smeely
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fr. Bill » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am

Just one tip from years of experience...

Learn how to build a simple box in GMax, THEN take the time and effort to make sure you can export it to an FS model before doing anything else.

If you can't get the export procedure down cold, it won't matter a bit how nice your modeling skills are!

Okay, one more tip...

Export early and often while modeling. Don't wait until you're done modeling!

Catch your mistakes as you make them, you'll thank me later. :)
Last edited by Fr. Bill on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Postby smeely » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 am

thankyou, will get to work and make sure i can export to the simulator..
smeely
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hyperpep111 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 am

Oh found this step by step tutorial.
This is a convert tutorial but it has links to modeling :o
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=GMax_(FSX)
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:21 pm

i know this is an old topic and maybe i should have opened a new topic but NOTHING of that tutorial works for me.
there is no: fstools
and there is not any option to export to mdl and it doesnt give much advice on that:
Select "Flightsim Model (*.MDL)" as file type (assuming this option appears, but if not, oh well).
can someone please tell me what is wrong?
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 pm

i know this is an old topic and maybe i should have opened a new topic but NOTHING of that tutorial works for me.
there is no: fstools
and there is not any option to export to mdl and it doesnt give much advice on that:
Select "Flightsim Model (*.MDL)" as file type (assuming this option appears, but if not, oh well).
can someone please tell me what is wrong?

Which one? You really need to be more specific for us to help :)
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:13 pm

the one from fsdeveloper to export to .mdl
Last edited by jetprop on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetprop
Major
Major

Next

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design