Wilco A32x Recoding

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Wilco A32x Recoding

Postby coolmanak » Sun May 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Hello,
Since it looks like Airsimmer is gone, I decided to begin some heavy modifications on the Wilco A32x to bring it up to par.  I've taken care of everything from autotrim to sounds thus far, but now I have two problems which I need more hardcore coders to look into.  After fixing these problems, I will be releasing a guide to my updates, which means that your help would be helping everybody who owns the Wilco A32x serries.  The problems are broken down below.

1.  APU Startup Times
    a.  The APU flap on the Wilco product opens immediatley after hitting the APU master switch.  In the real aircraft it takes 20 seconds for it to open.  Here I only need to create a delay.  Since there is NO indication of the flap's progress as it opens, nor any 3d model of the flap on the aircraft exterior, I do NOT need to extend the process of the APU flap opening, I simply need to add a 20 second delay before it opens instantly as normal.

b.  The APU start sequence on the real aircraft takes 50 seconds on average, while the Wilco has it happen in 12.  This time I need to extend the process, since the startup is indicated.  I just need to slow down how long it takes to start to be at 50 seconds, and have the ECAM reflect this.  I've muted all APU sounds (they can't be heard from the cockpit), so no concern with the sounds not matching.

2.  Avionics Cooling Fans

A major sound missing from the Wilco is the avionics cooling fans, which run whenever the aircraft is under power.  I have three sounds (startup, run, and shutdown, just like the APU), which need to play as appropriate when the aircraft is under APU or Ext power.  I don't think this should be too hard, since the aircraft already has to keep track of the power to decide when to display the autopilot digits (I'm not saying gauges, since these won't display unless BAT 1+2 are on).  I just need to add a sound to this aspect.

Any help is appreciated, and I hope that I will soon be able to release a modification guide that will help many people.

Thanks!
coolmanak
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design