Small parts crumpled in gmax?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Small parts crumpled in gmax?

Postby IRAF_Paddy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

I am making small parts for a vc in FS9 using Gmax with middleman and mdl commander  with the auto weld turned off. I mention the auto weld because when I generate into the sim the knobs look crumpled as if auto weld were still on.
Is there an autoweld that I have missed? Perhaps in gmax? Any help would be appreciated.

Carl
IRAF_Paddy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Small parts crumpled in gmax?

Postby Fr. Bill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 pm

The compiler will collapse all vertices that are 4mm or closer in the model, which is why the parts are "crumpled" in the sim.

The solution is to deliberately rescale the interior model by a fixed amount (x16), export, then discard the compiled model (.mdl) file.

Edit the .asm files to rescale the interior's objects to the original size, then use BGLC-9.exe to recompile the .asm files to create a new model (.mdl) file.

See Bill Ortis' (Lionheart) 50+ page tutorial and video clips to see how it's done:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21143
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Re: Small parts crumpled in gmax?

Postby IRAF_Paddy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks! Bill I will check out the link

Paddy
IRAF_Paddy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design