Building aircraft...

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Building aircraft...

Postby Mr D Head » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Guys and gals. I am new here and I don't really have a clue what I am doing. I fell madly in love with the ship Serenity from the tv series Firefly. I have found highly detailed external top bottom front back and both side pics. I was wondering what it would take to incorporate the ship into the game... don't kill the messenger I am just curious.
Mark ::)
Evans M.D.
Mr D Head
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Building aircraft...

Postby Dickert » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 am

In short - "A LOT"
But don't let that stop you.  Hobbies last years if they are a good hobby, so plan to take a few years to do this aircraft.  There is a ton of help here ready from the people in this forum.  They almost alway come up with an answer to a question with in a day or two.
To get started, copy the info documents off the Flight Sim CD's onto your hard drive and also load GMax (it is free on the CD).  Open the tutorial for GMax and start on page one.  Each item in the tutorial can be followed to make an aircraft part instead- for example - use the array tutorial where they have you make a spiral stair case, and make a turbine section of an engine instead.  etc, etc.
You can borrow an AIR and CFG file from an other aircaft initially (untill you make yours) to see your aircraft in the game.
That is for starters.

Harold
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Building aircraft...

Postby Fr. Bill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Also, and with absolutely no offense intended to Simviation or the members here, do not limit yourself to this one resource...

There are many other forums that also cover modeling in depth. Two of the best IMHO are:

FS Developer: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php

Freeflight Design: http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design