Help with this Diamond?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Help with this Diamond?

Postby bklaviator91 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (help me out if its not) but it would be a HUGE help if someone could convert the following aircraft (yes it is a simviation aircraft) to FSX.

FS2004 Diamond DA20-A1 Katana. Complete package of 3 aircraft & liveries from the Czech/Slovak Republics (Category: FS2004 > Props)

Have been looking for a freeware Diamond 20 for a while with no luck finding any good ones.  Would like to have this package converted due to the extra liveries that come with it.

If anybody knows of any good freeware models or can convert this model please let me know. Thanks!
bklaviator91
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help with this Diamond?

Postby Hagar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Have you tried it in FSX? The visual model doesn't need converting. It displays well apart from the usual prop disk bug. Unfortunately most of the gauges are incompatible.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby alrot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Do you mean this Diamond aircraft which I already place in FSX/ Simobjet /airplanes folder that it runs fine but the gauges are incompatible in the VC and 2d panel?

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby bklaviator91 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:09 pm

gave it a try and see what you mean with the gauges....is there a way i can go into the .cfg file and maybe fix this myself? or is this something that is just wishful thinking?
bklaviator91
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby alrot » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:29 pm

gave it a try and see what you mean with the gauges....is there a way i can go into the .cfg file and maybe fix this myself? or is this something that is just wishful thinking?

Yes there is ,and Its much easy than you think
find the gauges that looks similar in any of the default models of FSX example: airplanes choppers etc then in panel.cfg replace them like

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby bklaviator91 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Sounds good...thanks for the help!!
bklaviator91
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design