Help With University Project

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Help With University Project

Postby FSRHYS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am

Hello, I am looking for some insight into a Third year university project I am doing.

My task is to use a flight dynamics software program, enter the values in that and then let it produce the flight file and automatically generate a 3D model of that aircraft. My lecturer said that a rogram called RC CAD might be possible to use it with. But I am still wondering if this task is actually possible! The flight simulator program that ideally it would be used with is Merlin Flight simulator. they are a company that use moving flight simulators and have very basic graphics. Any help or info into what I should look at would be very helpful!
FSRHYS
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help With University Project

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 pm

To be honest, with the description you made, I find it impossible to create a 3D mesh by describing the flight dynamics to a program.  Now, is there a flight simluator program that allows you to create the 3D mesh and use that to dynamically caluclate the performance (along with some other parameters like engine type, specifications, etc)?   Then yes.  X-plane has its own modelling program for that and you can create (with practice) a deecnt 3D model (caveat - the very good models coming out for X-plkane are created with decent modelling programs, but the basic "dynamics"  are still created with X-Plane's Plane Creator)
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design