Delay on the Citation X

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Delay on the Citation X

Postby alrot » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm

When I get some of the virtual cockpit of the citation X II realize It was so diferent than the real life citation x ,I didn't spec it ..

ABOUT THE EXTERIOR
In the begining since I release the latest version I felt something pretty bad (about the exterior only),I didn't even bother take a closer look ,until I did it right after the md83 release ,I was surprise that was worse than I though
Last edited by alrot on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Delay on the Citation X

Postby Daube » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Alejandro, as I said already in the past, please take your time when you are modelling your planes.
This is not a duty, this is supposed to be a hobby, a pleasure. Trying to be as fast as possible might bring you more frustration and stress than anything else, don't you think ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ApplePie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm

You can't rush perfection. ;)
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok ,Let me stand Up ,I felt out from my chair ,I saw and outrageous repaints Image

Alejandro, as I said already in the past, please take your time when you are modelling your planes.
This is not a duty, this is supposed to be a hobby, a pleasure. Trying to be as fast as possible might bring you more frustration and stress than anything else, don't you think ;)

Yes ,Stephane but there is one thing I never said , to be honest what make me rush is that when I'm sumerge in a model everythings stops ,my ordinary life ,my work , my dutys.
You might will say then But do something today then a little bit else every day ,don't take your whole time in this which it will amke sense But If I quit at this moment ,believe me the model will be screwed again ,I have experience in this ,Whe I foculs in this I don't let any one bother me ,No phone calls , not trips , no nothing Just here , go to sleep then came back until the model is done ,THEN I have to ask someone Like you to watch for me because some of the most obvious things scape out of my sight, see?

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Ah yes, I know this feeling exactely. You have to get 100% into it else you won't be able to get motivated to do anything at all.

Ok then, I guess we're waiting for your preview screenshots now  ;D
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby alrot » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 pm

[quote]Ah yes, I know this feeling exactely. You have to get 100% into it else you won't be able to get motivated to do anything at all.

Ok then, I guess we're waiting for your preview screenshots now
Last edited by alrot on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 am

Alex, your planes are ALWAYS worth the wait. Just the anticipation adds to the fun ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Daube » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:17 am

Yes Alejandro, I will gladly test this new version :)
And for the autopilot issue, it seems that you have already found the solution. Indeed it's linked to some parameters in the aircraft.cfg. Some other planes had that same problem, and even though I can't remember the exact name of the parameters, I remember that the solution wasn't really complex at all.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

First looks of the VC

Postby alrot » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 pm

this comes from FSX area

commands would be CTRL+F4 and CTRL+SHIFT+F4)
controls have to be 100%, commands would be CTRL+F4 and CTRL+SHIFT+F4)

The Idea is not to use keyboard Daube I think I have all those parts in the xml parts stock ,well you will see,I'm finishing the VC

the roof need work ,I'm on it ,but this is sort what will be ,More realistic according to the real life citation x ,the other models was too different

also there will be little details behind the seat in the wall right behind the windows

real life citation X cockpit

Last edited by alrot on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DaveSims » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 pm

:o :o  You are definitely going to give Eaglesoft a run for their money with that VC.  Amazing!
DaveSims
Major
Major

Re: First looks of the VC

Postby Daube » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 pm

this comes from FSX area

The Idea is not to use keyboard Daube I think I have all those parts in the xml parts stock ,well you will see,I'm finishing the VC

Of course Alejandro :)
In fact, I was mentionning the keyboard controls just to ensure that the functionnalities I was talking about were identified correctly.

Here is why I was talking about those commands:
You know, I have a default flight set to "cold and dark". I just took the default Baron, and I switched everything OFF. Doing so, I also set the mixture to 0% and the prop pitch to 0% as well.

This works very well, but with the jets this is causing a small issue: the engines cannot start. I presume this is because of the mixture and the prop pitch commands. When I trigger the starter button, I can hear the engine starting to spin, but they never really start... unless I press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 to set the "mixture" to 100%, which seems to allow the fuel to reach the engine, somehow....

Since this command does not exist on a jet (I mean, there no levers for this), perhaps it would be a good idea to include in your XML code some lines that would ensure that prop pitch and mixture are set to 100%, no matter what is defined in the default flight. What do you think ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby alrot » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:02 pm

yes of course ,but there's got to be a name for that , I mean for jets ,there is a lever mixture but I'm not sure if this works for jet engine ,maybe by looking the checklist the comand CTRL+SHIFT+F4 and see the description ,what exactly does?

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design