Lost Parts

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Lost Parts

Postby MooneyTail » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 pm

I am brand new to modeling and I am working on my first project in Gmax so excuse me if this is a stupid question. Unfortunately, I ran into an interesting problem lately. I had a wing done and decided to hide it in order to work on a part of the fuselage. After finishing up what I was doing on the Fuse, I tried to unhide the wing. Nothing happened. I have hit every single unhide button I could find to no avail. The part, named "WingL" shows up on the parts list and I have even tried to do Edit->Select->By Name and it selects the part but no brackets around the part show up, etc. What could I be missing? Any help would be appreciated.
MooneyTail
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Lost Parts

Postby JakesF14 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:53 am

Never had that problem!? tell me, when you hide/unhide other parts, do they also disappear? if not, I guess it could be possible that you've accidentally deleted the part, and left behind a node or two, which is why the part is in the part list, but not visible?
JakesF14
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

the hidden stuff are here, make sure that nothing of this is set

;)
Last edited by alrot on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby MooneyTail » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for the quick response.
I must have deleted it by accident then because hiding/unhinding every other part works normally. I guess now the question becomes if it would be more work to redo the wing root or merge the wing from the last save point I had it [smiley=undecided.gif]

Alrot - Thanks for the idea but I have already tried that with no luck
Last edited by MooneyTail on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MooneyTail
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Travis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:49 am

Sorry if this question is too old, but I thought that I might interject with a helping hand:

Select the object normally (Part list-->object) and go to sub-object poly selection mode.  Now right-click in one of the viewports and click "Unhide All (Mesh)".  There have been several times where I have unwittingly hidden the actual geometry of the object, only to find that it's still there later on when I convert! ;)

Again, sorry if this is too late, but it may help the next poor sap that comes along searching for the answer!
Travis
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design