how to save a air file

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

how to save a air file

Postby manesag » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:59 pm

i wanted a b777-200 and 300 base model but posky only had the models flight dynamics and repaint kit how do i save the air files so it works
manesag
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: how to save a air file

Postby BrandonF » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Flight dynamics are in .air format. They come with the repaints available. All the repaints on their website come as a flyable package. I'm surprised they are even nice enough to make it that easy.  :P
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby garryrussell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:01 am

A bit confusing

You say you have the models flight dynamics....the .air file is the flight dynamics.

A full package will have the in the "aircraft" folder

Sound folder
Panel folder
Model folder
Texture folder
.air (Flight model.......ie the dynamics)
aircraft....(Config) that links all the above together and read properly by the sim.  Some things for the dynamics can be set in the .cfg but it has to ultimately talk to the .air file.

What extactly are you missing??

Are you Fs9 or FS.X

Garry
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby manesag » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 pm

their also nice to post fde updates but the fdes i added arent working like in notepad it comes up normally like a cfg file but in a regular air file its very irredables
manesag
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 am

A typical FDE update will include a replacement AIR file & Aircraft.cfg for specific versions of the aircraft. The new AIR file will have exactly the same file name as the original. To install an update make sure you have the correct one & replace both original files with the updates.*

Paste the new files into the main folder of the aircraft. Overwrite files/folders when prompted. There is no need to open the files.

*Note: You might need to rename the updated CFG file to Aircraft.cfg first.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fr. Bill » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 am

their also nice to post fde updates but the fdes i added arent working like in notepad it comes up normally like a cfg file but in a regular air file its very irredables

You can not edit .air files since they are compiled! You need to d/l and use something such as AirEd.exe to modify them.

Not to sound rude, but it's unlikely that you'll do anything more than screw things up unless you're willing to spend many months studying and learning about flight dynamics...  :D
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design