Just a few questions...

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Just a few questions...

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok, I was really busy with school for the last long time so this is my first time back here in I don't know how long... Anyways...

I know I brought this up a long time ago but I can't find it and I can't even remember if it was answered.

So, my questions are as follows.

1. With some (I believe it was FS'04 or '00) planes, the propellers will sort of 'disappear' behind clouds and such. Is there any way of stopping this easily?

2. Wheels on one of my (not my own, but downloaded) planes has, erm, invisible wheels... If you look at it in certain ways you can see that they are there, but clear... Could this be fixed by altering the textures/paint?

3. I had tried putting in a VC (It was just the basic 747 VC) into the aircraft, but it turned out completely black. Did I miss some textures or something?

Thanks,
Shadow
I'm not the best designer. . . meh I think I'm pretty good for 14 years old. . .
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Just a few questions...

Postby garryrussell » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Dissappearing props are a problem with most FS.9 aircraft in most FS.X set ups.......no fix as such, but for some reason on some FS.X setups it doesn't happen.....I have no idea why. :-?

Invisible wheels and other parts missing?...sounds like early FS.2002 or before aircraft in FS.9. or poss FS.X........no fix :(

You can't add a VC in FS.9 or before, but can in FS.X

Garry
Last edited by garryrussell on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Probably should have added, this is in FSX. I'm going to see if I can change the textures to try and get the wheels to appear, if not then, they are probably gone.

Also, about the props, what do you mean by some set ups? If I change some settings they might not disappear? Or do you mean that they will appear fine on some systems?
I'm not the best designer. . . meh I think I'm pretty good for 14 years old. . .
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:17 pm

The prop problem will happen for sure with Acceleration, I believe. It may do that in Deluze and standard. There is no fix other than having the source files and exporting the model as a true FSX model, which is not easy!  :o
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Hmm... Ok then. I'll try the VC again tomorrow.

Also I got another question that I forgot about earlier.

I've noticed that some planes have other views that aren't on some other add-ons such as one that puts the screen behind the tail with the aircraft centered in the screen. To do this, do you just put in another another view in the .cfg with the right settings in it?

P.S. This is the one from the basic F-18 that comes with acceleration.

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Tail"
Guid = {5D23AC3D-6949-4dae-8FB7-E913545D1641}
Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0, 1.3, -24.0
InitialPbh = 3, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garryrussell » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 am

The some set ups is simply this

My Superfreigether, Beta Baritannia and Beta CL-44 are Fs.9  and FS.X portovers.

The prop problem exists with most FS.X users but some are using them in FS.X without the prop hide problem........I don't have FS.X so have no idea why a few seem not to get a problem generally regarded as normal..

But that doesn't mean there is a fix, It just might be a by product of whatever setup is being used... tah is somome have acelleration, some have the service pack upgrades.

They only real way is to use native models in the sim.

If the wheels are invisible, rather than untextured, I don't see how changing the textures will help.

What aircraft are you talking about here?.......it might be a known peoblem.

ATB

Garry
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby garryrussell » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:38 am

[quote]The prop problem will happen for sure with Acceleration, I believe. It may do that in Deluze and standard. There is no fix other than having the source files and exporting the model as a true FSX model, which is not easy!
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 am

*Sigh*... I can't win with this plane... I finally found an updated version of the plane that is a little bit better... The wheels but it has a new problem, the propellers have the opposite problem as before, instead of disappearing behind scenery, they erm, overwrite it. You can't see anything through the propeller area. I take it there is no simple fix for this either.
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garryrussell » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:05 am

You need to tell us what the aircraft is and also if you can, post a screen shot.

You are asking for a definitive answer without asking us a specific question :D

If you are using FS.X and it is not an FS.X aircraft they the problem is just that...it's not made for that som.

There can be no 'fixes' as it's not broken..but maybe there can be a work around or at least lessening of the problem :).
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Shadow » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

It's an An-22. I can't remember where it was dl'ed, however I could email the zip file. As stated two in my last post, I had found an updated version of the same plane which I replaced the old one with. This one has visible wheels (YAY) however has something I had never seen before this plane.

You know how with some older planes, the propellers would disappear behind things such as clouds in the distance right? Well this has the opposite effect, to explain this I will say (for our purposes) that the propeller is a flat vertical disk. I will assume you have had your FS not paint in the trees and such right? But even thought you can't see the tress or buildings, there is still color there right? Well, finally onto the problem. When looking through these vertical disks, they erm, get rid of the added scenery that the game has loaded. So say I'm looking at a cloud. I will see the cloud but though the propellers, it will just be blue sky. I will try to get a screenie up quite soon to show you.

P.S. Hopefully the above made some sense.
Last edited by Shadow on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 pm

It's an Am-22. I can't remember where it was dl'ed,

Doesn't ring a bell. Do you mean An-22? The only one I know of is an FS2002 model which would explain your problem.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadow » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Sorry about that, I miss-spelled that. An-22. I found the site the I downloaded the plane from. (http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-18530.html) I'm not really sure what sim this plane was made for though.
Shadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:34 pm

That's the one I was thinking of. I believe it was originally created for FS2002 then updated for FS9 & finally for FSX. I think this is the best you're going to get from this model. At least the gear displays correctly now. I'm surprised it works as well in FSX as it does.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design