Problem with file - keeps crashing???

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Problem with file - keeps crashing???

Postby Dickert » Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 pm

My newest project (the Valkyret) has a problem with the fuselage file.  I have even tried importing the fuselage into a new file.  Every time I try to do more than two modifications, Gmax crashes saying the program is out of memory.  That only happens with the fuselage for the Valkyret.  When I work on any other parts of the Valkyret in a file that does not have the fuselage included, there is no problem.  Same if I work on the other two aircraft - no problem.  With the Valkyret fuselage included, then
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Problem with file - keeps crashing???

Postby RaptorF22 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Here is a thread that you posted a while ago on this subject: http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 292454/1#1

Hope this helps! :)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby Dickert » Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi RaptorF22
NOPE, it didn't help.  That is why I ask the question again, in a different way.
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JakesF14 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 am

Harold, First question, do you export selected parts only or just export? Ive had a hickup a hile ago where I also could not export, but only when I use export selected. when normal export is used, there is no problem.
The other thing you can check is textures? I once had a specific texture that would not export as well?

Oh and what is your PC specs you use for Gmax?
JakesF14
Major
Major

Postby Travis » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:01 am

Harold, First question, do you export selected parts only or just export? Ive had a hickup a hile ago where I also could not export, but only when I use export selected. when normal export is used, there is no problem.
The other thing you can check is textures? I once had a specific texture that would not export as well?

Oh and what is your PC specs you use for Gmax?

It seems that he's not trying to export, just work on the project.

Harold, you might be experiencing one of Gmax's rather fun "superglitches". ;)  I've run into these a couple of times while working, and they are just unexplainable.  It could be anything wrong with the model.  You can send it to me if you want and I'll take a quick look at it, but chances are you're SOL.  That is why when I'm working I save multiple copies of the same project.  Usually divided up into Exterior and Interior, and each is numbered (Interior05, Interior06, Interior07, etc).  Save often and you won't have this issue any more.  You run into one of these hiccups and you just revert back to an earlier save.  Gmax even has a little + sign next to the save button in the save dialog that does this exact thing automatically.

At any rate, check your PMs for my email.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby JakesF14 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:19 am

Sorry - and Thank you Travis. I was reading so fast, I never realised it was not an export problem.

A question for Harold though - have you played around with the settings here:

Customise - Preferences - Viewports - configure driver..?
JakesF14
Major
Major

Postby Dickert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:37 am

Hi JakeF14, Thanks for attempting to help but this has nothing to do with exporting.  In fact I am able to export parts or the whole aircraft and fly it in Flight Sim even with the problem in the file.  However I am still waiting to here from you on how you did your chrome textures on your Business Jet.
Travis, I think this may be one of those Superglitches you talked about.  If I move any vertex around, weld, etc, I have to save after every operation, and then reload the project file.  I have been using number sequenced file saves too.  There are no textures in the file, and the problem is there even if I import the fuselage into a new file.
I read somewhere that having two vertexs or planes in the same spot could do something like this so I welded everything within .0001 but that didn
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Harold, I NEVER allow my models to become one solid piece unless required by the sim or I have complex curves.
Last edited by Travis on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby JakesF14 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 am

Hi Harold,

I have sent you a PM but here is the answer about the chrome again...

http://www.fsworld.co.za/community/view ... p=269#p269
JakesF14
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design