GMax Model Display Problem

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

GMax Model Display Problem

Postby BrandonF » Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm

OK, so I exported an aircraft from GMax today. I didn't have the VC in yet. All parts were linked to a dummy called "exterior." I merged the VC mesh that I had saved a couple days ago, and linked those parts to a dummy named "interior." Both dummies are centered in gmax at 0, 0, 0. I have no export errors when I export, except for the "Node "Partname" has a texture applied, but no UV coordinates" message, which never has caused me problems. I put the MDLs in the model folder and start up FS. When I view the aircraft, it is laying on it's side and the top is facing front! I checked in gmax, and the aircraft is the correct way, and the VC also doesn't show up in FS. Help!
BrandonF
Major
Major

Re: GMax Model Display Problem

Postby JakesF14 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 am

Hey Brandon,

Try the Reset X Form in the utilities tab? As for the VC, is it added in the panel CFG? (dont know if it would make a difference..)
JakesF14
Major
Major

Postby BrandonF » Tue May 11, 2010 9:34 am

Hey Brandon,

Try the Reset X Form in the utilities tab? As for the VC, is it added in the panel CFG? (dont know if it would make a difference..)

How do I use the reset X form button. I pressed it and it and it's highlighted green. Yes the VC is in the panel cfg. (It's not being used yet anyway) I think my problem probably exists for FSX models only. I'm not sure if it would happen in FS9.
Last edited by BrandonF on Tue May 11, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby JakesF14 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:23 am

Hey Brandon,

How do I use the reset X form button. I pressed it and it and it's highlighted green. Yes the VC is in the panel cfg. (It's not being used yet anyway) I think my problem probably exists for FSX models only. I'm not sure if it would happen in FS9.

Well, you have to select the objects you want to reset first - in this case your entire model? and then pres the reset X-Form. If that does not help... i dont know. I normally use the fs9SDK  :-( If you want to you can email me the gmax file and I can export to fs9 just to see if I get the same problem?!
JakesF14
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design